Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oracle

Options
  • 17-09-2010 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Greets, :D

I am Oracle, a R'n'B/ Soul / Hip Hop singer and writer. Its what i love to do, I've been working on my own music a while now and am just putting finishing touches on more new songs - which i cannot wait to share with the world. I've been travelling over & back to London to write and record this, love to do so - hope to go lots more ;)

I'm hoping people will feel & enjoy my musical efforts :)
    www.myspace.com/oraclemusicofficial

or if you prefer to hear it live, 2 of the songs are in this particular video:
    'Rule Ma Roost' & 'Butterfingers'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAvSvz38AVA

Comments, feedback and all welcome.
    If your going to play it, please play it loud :D Only way to listen is loud....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

New music now up - 'Dangerous'

Go have a listen!! :)

Recent Video from Eigse 'You're our Star' Charity Fundraiser.
    :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG7LJ29GdMc

Music video for the beautifullllll 'Rule Ma Roost'

Thanks Jeff :D yer only magic!

You can read it here: http://www.nerinonline.com/irish-music-oracle

Home » Irish Music: Oracle
    Irish Music: Oracle

Tagged with: irish music oracle rnb
    OracleLane_thumb.jpg
    One thing we Irish folk aren’t world renowned for is our R’N’B artists. Hopefully in the future the country will be better known for more than diddly-dow or aging political outrage obsessed rockers, but until then we are pretty much stuck in a certain area of expectation regarding music.
    I have to say, that despite knowing a few serious music lovers, I had no idea there was an Irish R’N’B market. But after hearing Oracle purely by chance, I had to hear more.
    Not a fan of R’N’B music at all, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I started listening to her music in the background.
    This could be down to the fact Oracle is a classically trained Mezzo-Soprano vocalist. When former Eurovision winner Charlie McGettigan gives you as good a thumbs up as he did despite being in the same R’N’B-less boat as myself, you know it’s something to check out.
    Feeling rather curious, I decided to ask her a few questions.

When and how did you start?
    I remember being really young, singing along in my nan’s house to Kylie’s ‘The Locomotion’. Even all that time ago,I wanted to be a singer. When I was around 9, my dad bought me a small karaoke machine and at that i began recording myself singing along with my idols.
    I started entering competitions, in later years joined choirs and began doing voice lessons. While I now sing R’n'B or soul, I trained classically as a Soprano; I try to immerse myself in different styles of singing/music, and I feel it really has helped my musical ear. I’ve always wanted to be a performer, and have stayed focused and work hard to attain my goals.
    Who are your big influences?
    I absolutely love Brandy and Beyonce is amazing. Aaliyah, Monica, TLC – the 1st CD i ever bought was CrazySexyCool.
    Lately, Melanie Fiona and Jessie J are on my player a lot. On the male side, i still play all Ginuwine’s old stuff, I’m really into Donell Jones and Joe.

t.gif
    Are there similar acts to yours in Ireland? What makes you unique?
    What makes me unique? My hair – just kidding.
    I don’t have anyone pushing me down any style of music. I’m involved in what I am writing/recording.
    There is no manager or agency pushing me to look or ‘be’ a certain way. I’m in control of what sound like.
    This is me. My music is fresh, its different to the other Irish Artists currently on the radio.
    Is the music scene tough in Ireland?
    I have to say yes and no. I think ultimately, if you truly want it you really have to work hard and do the necessary things. Enter competitions, get stage experience and take any opportunity to get yourself heard. It is tough but being prepared to do the work yourself is really important – invest time and energy in what you do. The music industry has changed and is still evolving massively. We as artists can do so much of the work ourselves, without any major backing.
    I see that as a good thing.
    Other than music, what are your interests and hobbies?
    I like to cook when i have time to try out new things. I really love good conversation and catching up with friends & family.
    Apart from that I’m completely into comedy on TV and watching True Blood or Dexter.
    Oracle1_thumb.jpg

Oracle has just launched her new website which can be found here.
    It links to her other online profiles and you can find her new music video there too.

• Advertisement

Afternoon all,

Im part of this years Rising stars at the Dublin City Soul Festival.. When i get time/date confirmation i'll post it and hope a few come to check it out!

Please if you feel it, go on the link, and allocate as many stars as you feel i'm deserving (5 that is...;)) There is my song embedded on their site which i cant copy over.. Check it out. :) Feedback welcome!

http://www.risingstars.ie/rising-stars-2011/oracle/

Oracle

Rising Stars Ratings (Don't forget to vote !):
    rating_on.gifrating_on.gifrating_on.gifrating_half.gifrating_off.gif (34 votes - 3.62 / 5)

Oracle-Lane-1600x1200.jpg
    Q1. Where are you from?
    I am from quite a small village in Co. Offaly called Killeigh.
    Q2. Musical influences?
    Brandy, Melanie Fiona, Janelle Monae, Donell Jones, Jessie J, Beyonce, Floetry, Joe, Ginuwine, Musiq Soulchild, En Vogue, Aaliyah, TLC, Alicia Keys, DMX, Sole , Timbaland.. I could just keep going….
    Q3. What’s your song writing process?
    Generally when i hear a beat or melody that I really feel, it takes me somewhere. It evokes a ‘feeling’ or ‘mood’. I try to explore that and see where i want the song to go. It’s something that’s quite amazing about sound, how it can actually command your feelings. I really do enjoy getting into the songwriting mode, it’s amazing when it all comes together.
    Q4. Most bizarre gig experience?
    I can’t say I’ve had anything especially bizarre happen, most experiences have been really interesting and positive. There’s usually some mad person down the back going bananas and visibly enjoying themselves in dramatic fashion. That’s kind of normal though.. right?
    Q5. If you could share the stage with anyone, who would it be and why?
    There are so many to go through, and it would depend completely on what type of performance i was going for. If I wanted a very intense, emotional performance I’d have to say Alicia keys but if it was a more electric “get ‘em goin” performance I’d probably say Janelle Monae. I was at her show at Electric Picnic and she delivered everything you look for… It’s really difficult to say though…

In their own words
    Native to Offaly; this classically trained Mezzo-Soprano vocalist is fast emerging as a unique R’N’B songstress. Oracles’ search for her own sound has found her both writing & recording in the UK. Oracle is currently working on her own original music, a direct reflection of the music genre’s which have inspired her.
    Blending Soul and R’n'B with elements of Hip Hop this young lady seems destined to introduce a fresh new sound to the public. Recently Oracles’ venture into live performances of her songs ‘Butterfingers’, ‘Snap’ and ‘Rule ma Roost’ have found this young lady becoming ‘one to watch’ among some of the most respected Music industry figures in Ireland.
    Check up on Oracle here:
    www.oraclemusicofficial.com

:D

I'm singing at 'The Stables' in Mullingar this Friday at their open mic night.

If you are in the 'hood... come along. Looks like a nice line up!
    211330_1801786730_7538272_n.jpg

Oracle features on 'TV3 - The Apprentice 2011'
    Air date: Monday 10th October 2011

In association with Ireland's 'Irish Daily Mail'; the Irish Daily Mail tasked the candidates with creating a compilation CD to showcase some of Ireland's best new music artists.

Here i am:

If you want to watch the full episode here it is:
    http://tv3.ie/3player/show/387/40985/1/The+Apprentice+%282011%29

Advertisement