Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ras na mBan

• 17-09-2010 11:47am
    Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Rás na mBan, the biggest race on the calendar for women in Ireland, is getting going in Sneem, Co Kerry this evening. It'll run over three days and takes in some of the toughest roads in Kerry. Good luck to boardsies LDB and godihatedehills. Show those euro pros how its done.

You can follow the race on Twitter here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Peterx

Best of luck to all the Irish girls taking part. Hopefully they get a good race over the 3 days. 60km this evening to set them off.

Stage one over.
    A small break finished ahead.
    The irish team, mel speath & co all finished in a bunch behind them.
    Most importantly my informant is loving it :D

edit - i just saw that twitter link, that's cool..

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Olivia Dillon won the stage. LDB and godihatedehills finished in one of the chasing bunches. GIHTH said it was bloody tough. IRC's Gillian McDarby was the fastest county rider.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Olivia Dillon won stage two today. She's cleaning up at the moment.

Mel Spath, who a lot of you may know from the mtb scene, seems to have been very active at the head of the race today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

el tonto wrote: »
    Olivia Dillon won stage two today. She's cleaning up at the moment.

The American pro showing the Euros how its done :D

• Advertisement

Final results here. Olivia Dillon took the overall, but let someone else win the stage for a change. Mel took the county rider classification and finished sixth overall. LDB and godihatedehills finished in the 40s out of 60 odd riders, which is a good showing for their first stage race against such opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Well done my girl and GodIHateDeHills.

Well done all the irish girls and all the first timers. Plenty of lessons learnt the hard way, probably the best way..
    It's a great opportunity to do a stage race with support and fair play to all the support teams and mechanics, especially Frank!
    Some pretty good average speeds too considering all those hills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

Those stages were awfully tough. Great to see the Irish women compete so well against the Euros.

Keep an eye out for Olivia Dillon next season. She's on the best pro women's team in the US, and she's far from being just another stagiare with them. She hit some very strong form in the last month or so. Showed she could compete with the fastest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

Peterx wrote: »
    Well done all the irish girls and all the first timers. Plenty of lessons learnt the hard way, probably the best way..
    It's a great opportunity to do a stage race with support and fair play to all the support teams and mechanics, especially Frank!
    Some pretty good average speeds too considering all those hills.

They were flying,how they have the energy to keep going I do not know,I was tired as could be just rying to keep ahead of them.Get well soon to Caroline,I hear she is coming on well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement