Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what do these stats mean?

• 17-09-2010 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭

..............Upstream Downstream

CurrRate(kbps) ... 384 ..... 3072
    MaxRate(kbps) ... 1264 .... 10944
    NoiseMargin(dB)... 15.0 .... 23.0
    Attenuation(dB)... 34.0.... 17.5
    Power(dBm) ...0.1.... 8.1

I should be getting 'up to ' 8mb (line speed on eircom website shows Res&lineSpeed=6144)

speedtest result

956851005.png
    i am new to dsl so dont know what the stats mean.
    Thanks
    J

Edit: found http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/max_speed_calc.php gives me some stuff to work with.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

John mac wrote: »
    ..............Upstream Downstream

CurrRate(kbps) ... 384 ..... 3072
    MaxRate(kbps) ... 1264 .... 10944
    NoiseMargin(dB)... 15.0 .... 23.0
    Attenuation(dB)... 34.0.... 17.5
    Power(dBm) ...0.1.... 8.1

I should be getting 'up to ' 8mb (line speed on eircom website shows Res&lineSpeed=6144)

No, that's a 3 meg package. You need to get Eircom to correct that.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

the speed test was done on a vodafone connection so if your with them you will need to get them to increase the speed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

Thanks just what i thought.

How long should it take to change? is it a matter of changing a setting on a computer at their end, or is a physical change.
    thanks
    J

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

John mac wrote: »
    Thanks just what i thought.

How long should it take to change? is it a matter of changing a setting on a computer at their end, or is a physical change.
    thanks
    J

Just a config change done remotely. Worst case is that it'll only kick in over night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

Thanks
    I will wait until the morning to unleash my wrath .. :D (if it hasn't been done. )

although being as its Saturday will prob have to wait until Monday..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

If ur on the new NGB, chances are its correct and u won't get any higher speed.

Advertisement