Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mix Engineers

Options
  • 17-09-2010 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi,

I've been trying to put together an album with the band...all the work done at home...blah, blah, blah.....but we just can't get our mixes right (and our recording techniques are most likely rubbish!!).....so I've decided the time may have come to get someone who knows what they are doing!!

I'm hoping to get it done somewhere that's not going to require me to take out a second mortgage but want it done right. I've no idea really how much it costs to get a song mixed so any guidance here would be much appreciated.

Our music is of the Indie/Rock/Pop genre. I've been trawling the forum looking for a few suggestions on where to go to get a few songs mixed.

So far all I've found is http://soundsound.ie

Any suggestions welcome even if it's a shameless self promotion!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 upsidemark

I seem to have post the same post 3 times, I thought the submit button wasn't working!! Can this be deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭woodsdenis

Tim Martin Corrs/Clannad/Thin Lizzy/Christy Moore/The Waterboys plus loads more.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Bluebirdstudios

Hi,
    To cut straight to the point - €400 a day allowing extra time on the following day to confirm mix decisions. Deals can be done on number of songs
    Not sure what condition the tracks are in but hopefully all's good.
    You can spend as much time as your budget allows so my advice is know or have an idea of what you want. Communicate this to the engineer before mixing starts. The type of sound your after should be realistic when constrained by budget if that is the case.
    I mix on mostly analogue outboard using Audient console. Samples of recent work can be arranged. Also welcome to call out to the studio.

Pm if interested.
    -Declan , Bluebird Studios

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Where can we hear your music? Soundcloud , Myspace etc?

Good point Paul!! You just gave me an excuse to create a myspace page!! I've put a few of the songs we've been working on up on http://www.myspace.com/overnode

As you can hear, there's plenty of room for improvement!!

• Advertisement

That's pretty good stuff Mark. All the basics are there. You should be able to get a good result.

Go easy on da bejaysus autotune though will ya ? ;)

very funny!! we may have slightly over used what we lovingly call the tunerizer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭trackmixstudio

If it's an album I will mix one song free. If you like it we can work out a deal for the rest of them. If you don't like it no problem.
    PM me if interested.
    Michael

thanks everyone who has replied on the post or PM'd me so far. I'll go through it with the rest of the band this week so we can make a decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Seany

Would highly recommend Stephen Brett at

http://www.fastlanestudio.net/

The Chapman Society recorded in several locations for our album and used a couple of engineers and he brought everything together for the sound we were looking for.

He has a top notch gear, great ear for music (being a musician himself) and very professional to deal with. Rates also very reasonable considering the end product.

(I have no connection with studio - just a satisfied customer)

Best of luck with the album OP.

Seany

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭shayleon

Great stuff indeed and... to reiterate Paul... easy on yer tunerizer

does this mean I'm going to have to start singing in tune?!?! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

upsidemark wrote: »
    does this mean I'm going to have to start singing in tune?!?! :o
    No at all..

"Not being able to sing" is the new "Being able to sing" :P

Advertisement