Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bug Friday Sep 17 2010 ~12:00

Options
  • 16-09-2010 9:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

There was a bug. It is now fixed. I will merge all the related comments into the thread below.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm the only on on boards it seems (but I'm assuming everyone else is thinking the same thing right now!)

Also recent posts are not showing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Hey, in the subscribed thread list as well as in individual forums, threads are not updating to show that they've been read. It just started happening this morning.. not sure if it's happening for everyone or just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

The PM system seems to have gone mental, for me anyway.

I received a pm, got the notification, clicked and read it, all fine so far.

Went to reply and the reply was blank, no name, no title, no message. Went back into my pm inbox and the pm was gone. Clicked into a forum and I got a notification for the new unread pm being the same pm I had just read (same sent time too).

I was able to reply to it then but my reply wasn't in sent items and the original pm was again gone.

Now I keep getting the notification about a new pm, same one I have read and replied to.

Sorry that was long winded, just seems to be a bug in the system :)

Oops seems to have been a site wide freeze of some sort?? Seems to be working now sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,168 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Very strange problem

I cant see my posts, for example I posted on the gambling forum there a few mins ago and I cant see them

and Iv unfollowed a thread but its still showing up on my cp

• Registered Users Posts: 54,168 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

happening to me too

Im also having trouble seeing my posts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

It seemed to be a sitewide freeze in time, nothing done after 11.57 was really showing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Same thing happening with me, but also lots of other stuff, don't know if they're related:

• I keep getting logged out and when I try to log in again it takes loads of tries. I cleared my cache and cookies (I don't even know what this means but I always see it being advised :o)
    • On the homepage it said there was only 1 active user.
    • When I go to read the last post in a thread, it's not showing up, it's only showing a previous post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Have to be quick here. Basically, my login timed out while writing a post. When I went to preview, I got the login page and filled in my login details, got the page telling me I was logging in, then it just went back to the page telling me I wasn't logged in and requesting my login details again. Tryed 5 times but without success. Have had to come back out to forums list page and use the login details fields at the top of the page to login successfully. There was also a login button on one of the help forums pages to click to get the login page, this was just coming back with page not found.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I submitted a reply to this post, it's disappeared. Initially my username was still in the 'Last Post [by]' column on the forum page but clicking into the thread it's nowhere to be found.

Related to this issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Goodshape wrote: »

I submitted a reply to this post, it's disappeared. Initially my username was still in the 'Last Post [by]' column on the forum page but clicking into the thread it's nowhere to be found.

Related to this issue?

Possibly.

When did you do it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This is far from solved, three times its played up the last 40 mins, shorter the last time.

Conor wrote: »
    Possibly.

When did you do it?

Must have been around 12:55 (after post #50 in the thread). The post I made earlier in the same thread also seem to take a while to show up correctly (#45 @ 11:47).

//edit
    After submitting this reply and being sent back to this thread, I had to refresh before I saw my reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Must have been around 12:55 (after post #50 in the thread). The post I made earlier in the same thread also seem to take a while to show up correctly (#45 @ 11:47).

There were lingering issues around then.
    //edit
    After submitting this reply and being sent back to this thread, I had to refresh before I saw my reply.

This is (somewhat) normal. Changes aren't always instant, depending on how loaded the site is and a bunch of other factors.

OK, thanks. Haven't noticed new replies taking a bit of time to show up before.

The one that's (still) missing wasn't a hugely important post. Will let you know if it happens again.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement