Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banking 365

Options
  • 17-09-2010 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Just tried ringing Banking 365, the Bank of Ireland 24 hr service.

There's a message on the service that to access from a mobile I need to dial 0818 365 365. Isn't that one of those premium rate numbers that costs a fortune.

2 weeks ago it was the lo-call 1890 number. This is gonna cost a fortune isn't it?

I'm posting this in Banking but maybe it should be in rip-off Ireland. I know the banks are in trouble but this is taking the p**s.:mad:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I don't understand.
    You assume this 0818 number costs more from your network?
    Find out the cost for dialling both the 1890 and 0818 number and post back.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭leinster93

More than likely it is a high cost per min. I came up against this before a while back...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055246206

Interested to see what they actually charge you on your bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

snubbleste wrote: »
    I don't understand.
    You assume this 0818 number costs more from your network?
    Find out the cost for dialling both the 1890 and 0818 number and post back.

Thanks for your reply.!

Spoke to the bank and they tell me the charge will be the same for the 0818 as the 1890. If that's the case why are they bothering to change it? I'll be checking the next phone bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Mr Magners wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply.!

Spoke to the bank and they tell me the charge will be the same for the 0818 as the 1890. If that's the case why are they bothering to change it? I'll be checking the next phone bill.

If you have free landline minutes, use 01-4606400

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

http://www.saynoto1890.com/call-costs/
    Different operators charge different rates for 0818, 1890 and 1850 calls. With the exception of Meteor, it looks like they all charge the same for 1890 and 0818 (Meteor charge more for 0818).

Why there are 3 different types of non-geographic numbers, or why BOI would change the 365 number, is beyond me.

0818 numbers are billed to all the operators at the same rate, each operator may then decide to turn a handy profit by charging more to their customers.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

1890 numbers have the same charge nationwide.

0818 numbers have the same charge nationwide but the business get a small cut from the call cost, they make money when you call them and place you on hold..

so this is why profit seeking organisations such as Aib and BoI with a high level of calls are moving to 0818 numbers.

Advertisement