Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sam Allardyce delusional?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I don't know. I think there is too much fuss being made about this.

I think that a managers rise to the top clubs is sometimes as much to do with luck as it is about ability. That doesn't apply to all managers by the way but finding a chairman to take a risk on you isn't exactly an exact science.

Despite having a strong personal dislike for him, I don't think he was given a fair chance at Newcastle.

Big Sam is just a convenient excuse for you boys to have a go at each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

flahavaj wrote: »
    Your new gimmick amuses me. Imagine how quiet this forum would be if only people with expertise in PL management were allowed discuss the game. How well do you know him?
    We can all discuss the game and how players played on any given occasion. Coming out with bull about managers is a different thing altogether though.

The only thing you can say about Sam Allardyce is that he is unproven at a big club. Until such time as he gets the top job at a big club we don't know if he would be successful or not.

As things stand he has been hugely successful at two smaller clubs in the Premier League. He didn't last long at Newcastle and they just spiralled downwards after he left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

eagle eye wrote: »
    Coming out with bull about managers is a different thing altogether though.

like when you tried to tell people that Sam was being sarcastic & taking the piss out of a journalist when he originally made these comments?
    eagle eye wrote:
    The only thing you can say about Sam Allardyce is that he is unproven at a big club.

thats because he was run out of the biggest club he has ever managed.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    like when you tried to tell people that Sam was being sarcastic & taking the piss out of a journalist when he originally made these comments?

thats because he was run out of the biggest club he has ever managed.
    He was being saracastic there, I explained to you exactly how the press conference went and that was told to me by somebody who was there.

What he said since is different, is there something wrong with believing in youself?

Lol, here you go after I just pointed out that they spiralled downwards after his departure.

I think you suffer from delusion by the way, which when put with your easy ability to hate people is not a good mix.

Or at least thats how you come across most of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

ha ha ha ha ha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

We can all discuss the game and how players played on any given occasion. Coming out with bull about managers is a different thing altogether though.

The only thing you can say about Sam Allardyce is that he is unproven at a big club. Until such time as he gets the top job at a big club we don't know if he would be successful or not.

As things stand he has been hugely successful at two smaller clubs in the Premier League. He didn't last long at Newcastle and they just spiralled downwards after he left.

Bottom line in all this - doing a good job at mid table clubs like Blackburn and Bolton, and getting turfed out of Newcastle rather quickly, not to mention his preferred style of football isn't the kind of CV thats gonna get him anywhere near the Real Madrid job anytime soon. He'd be better advised getting on with keeping Blackburn in the PL than filling his head and others' with sh*t.

Bottom line in all this - doing a good job at mid table clubs like Blackburn and Bolton, and getting turfed out of Newcastle rather quickly, not to mention his preferred style of football isn't the kind of CV thats gonna get him anywhere near the Real Madrid job anytime soon. He'd be better advised getting on with keeping Blackburn in the PL than filling his head and others' with sh*t.
    Basically what you just posted is a pile of garbage. You can spin is anyway you like but thats all it is. Its just clueless guesswork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I don't think his claim is that "out there". A chimp could have won the CL more than twice in 20 years with "The World's Biggest and Richest Club", so stands to reason a man who has clearly evolved further could have done better.

Basically what you just posted is a pile of garbage. You can spin is anyway you like but thats all it is. Its just clueless guesswork.

The only garbage in this thread is Big Sam thinking he'd cut it at a big club.

Real Madrid. LOL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,438 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

The only garbage in this thread is Big Sam thinking he'd cut it at a big club.

Real Madrid. LOL.

most managers of real madrid get sacked after only one season, so yeah, He'd be well able for a big club i reckon ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I don't think his claim is that "out there". A chimp could have won the CL more than twice in 20 years with "The World's Biggest and Richest Club", so stands to reason a man who has clearly evolved further could have done better.

Bit of a dubious claim there! :pac:

Archimedes wrote: »
    Bit of a dubious claim there! :pac:

One of several in that particular post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

anyone see him go absolutely mental when blackburn scored the winner today? thought it was a bit disrespectful towards blackpool :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,438 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

anyone see him go absolutely mental when blackburn scored the winner today? thought it was a bit disrespectful towards blackpool :D

Big club managers should be well used to beating minnows like blackpool. Frankly I was surprised!

(Though seriously, I'm a blackburn supporter and I thought it was great. if we keep winning games he can celebrate anyway he wants as far as I am concerned ;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

if we keep winning games he can celebrate anyway he wants as far as I am concerned ;) )

obviously only in ways sam approves...

http://www.tribalfootball.com/blackburn-boss-allardyce-blasts-disrespectful-liverpool-rival-benitez-239079

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I think it was in response to how Holloway reacted to the Blackpool equaliser :)

Advertisement