Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting job ad ...

Options
  • 17-09-2010 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭

From the FAS website today:

Source: Employer / Job created on :- 20100914 / Job Updated on :- 20100914 Chauffeur - B Licence

Job Reference: JB567519 Description:
    You will be required to drive to various location throughout the country 3 night per week. Previous similar driving experience is essential. Applicants must be fluent in English and hold a full clean driving licence. You must be honest, trustworthy and used to dealing with cash. 1 overnight per week.

Contract type: Permanent / Part Time Days per week: 3 Hours per week: 24 Daily Hours: 8 Start date: To be advised Requirements Experience Required: Fully Experienced. Transport :Transport is required for this position Salary: 10 ph Euro Other Benefits: Expenses paid. Open interviews this Sunday Western Hotel , Prospect Hill, Galway City. 3pm -9pm

What do you think it is - drug courier???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

JustMary wrote: »

Source: Employer / Job created on :- 20100914 / Job Updated on :- 20100914 Chauffeur - B Licence

You will be required to drive to various location throughout the country 3 night per week. Previous similar driving experience is essential. Applicants must be fluent in English and hold a full clean driving licence. You must be honest, trustworthy and used to dealing with cash. 1 overnight per week.

Contract type: Permanent / Part Time Days per week: 3 Hours per week: 24 Daily Hours: 8 Start date: To be advised Requirements Experience Required: Fully Experienced. Transport :Transport is required for this position Salary: 10 ph Euro Other Benefits: Expenses paid. Open interviews this Sunday Western Hotel , Prospect Hill, Galway City. 3pm -9pm

Do you not remember the movie Mona Lisa ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Chauffeur, huh? Are there any big shots left?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Clemon

Drug Courier.. HAHAHAHAH

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Reckon we nominate a boardsie to go for this and go under cover..

It's sounds dodge to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Only €10 per hour for Drug Trafficking? You need to talk to your union rep about that, the going rate is €18.60 per hour, plus time and a half on Sunday's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Have Jason Statham already applied?
    If so I'm ****ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

JustMary wrote: »

Used to dealing with cash???????? definitely something suspicious
    biko wrote: »
    Have Jason Statham already applied?
    If so I'm ****ed.

:D

Rule #1 : The deal is the deal.
    Rule #2 : No names.
    Rule #3 : Never open the package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

That job sounds class :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

This seems familiar. I think I remember hearing something about sa guy going for a chauffeur job trial. It was for someone who was making personal appearances around the country. Iirc the guy was a nightmare. It's the "one overnight per week" thing that reminded me.

I wish I could remember where I heard / Read it!

oh maybe it's for that hypnotist guy who's always advertising in the papers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭tribesman78

A mate of mine used to chauffeur for Eamon Cunnis(don't know the spelling but if your from Galway you know him) Used to drive him around 3 nights a week while he was giving dance lessons all over the country. The odd overnight stay too. He also frequents the western bar fairly often. Don't think I could handle the job myself:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭geekychick

Eamon's dance lessons are gas!

A mate of mine used to chauffeur for Eamon Cunnis(don't know the spelling but if your from Galway you know him) Used to drive him around 3 nights a week while he was giving dance lessons all over the country. The odd overnight stay too. He also frequents the western bar fairly often. Don't think I could handle the job myself:rolleyes:

That's the chap who was on Eddie Hobbs' show a few years back, broke. Think Eddie suggested cutting back on the being chauffered.

Still think someone ought to apply and head to the Western!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I would have applied if I had a car.

Just to find out what the story was if for no other reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby_Woo

Spot on!

I know someone who went to the "interviews" today - Eamon wasn't even at the appointed hotel today - but yeah, that's exactly what the advertised job is!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Miose

There is an ad that appears regularly in the advertiser looking for a PA, but more of a frienship, to suit a college student and pays reallt well. Its caught my eye because it appears so often! Wonder what the "catch" is?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Miose wrote: »
    There is an ad that appears regularly in the advertiser looking for a PA, but more of a frienship, to suit a college student and pays reallt well. Its caught my eye because it appears so often! Wonder what the "catch" is?

Handjobs?

I think that one's legit: a person with some fairly major disabilities, who effectively needs a fair bit of physical assistance so it's quite full-on and in-your-face. Also the rate that's quoted is for Sundays, halve it for other days of the week.

(No, I haven't applied, I'm too old to realistically be hanging out with a young college student.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I don't know what the job is, but someone I know rang the person and was told it was only available to a girl. There's definitely something weird about it, it's been in the paper for a good 2 years now.

moonflower wrote: »
    I don't know what the job is, but someone I know rang the person and was told it was only available to a girl. There's definitely something weird about it, it's been in the paper for a good 2 years now.

Yeah, it's definitely been in there since Sept 2008 at least.

I got desperate sometime around Feb 2009 and sent a text to the number, they asked how old I was (at the time I was 23) and I never got a reply.

So it seems they want a VERY young girl for some kind of "friendship" masked as a job.

ehhhhhh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Xiney, don't think you'd qualify as past it at 23:p:p:p

I'm guessing the college student themselves maybe is female, and they either need someone over 30 or very close to her(?) age.

Trying to see the non creepy possibilities here folks:D

I don't think I'm past it! I think THEY thought I was past it. They're looking for a college student, they don't say anything about the person you'd be working with being a college student.

It is POSSIBLE they're trying to pass it off as a female friend instead of a helper to the disabled individual, but I find it difficult to come to any non creepy conclusions considering who they seem to want to fill the position.

I used to work in the disability sector, and can guarantee that job has been in the paper since 2006, as that was when I started looking around for work after coming back from OZ. My cousin text the person about it last year, and got the same question another poster here said, asked what age they were.

*OT I know, but in case anyone here is considering applying, I say don't not just because it is weird, but because you have no cover/insurance etc for lone working/manual handling. Just a warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Used to dealing with cash???????? definitely something suspicious

Probably be a typo.

I reckon they meant hash.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Haha yeah that friend/helper for the disabled person, where college students are perfect has been around a while. I applied for it a couple years ago when I was desperate and got no reply at all, I may have mentioned that I was male somewhere in there. =P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Could be a social experiment/research to see what sort or how many people respond. All ye people and your dirty minds, tut tut :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby_Woo

I may as well add, that that advert got the curiosity of me too going back about 2 years ago - I sent a text with my details, and the same as the rest of you, got a reply back looking for my age, I responded, and not a peep after!

I'm not that flippin' old! Sorta!

Something very dodge about that ad alright! Strange, vaaay strange...!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

I know the person involved in the PA ad, and it is legitimate. I know this because he is my friends brother, when I applied for the job my friend told me that she knew I had applied for it.

I don't know why it is advertised so often it reappears quite often but it is legit I see the person in question in town a good bit with different pa's.

... because you have no cover/insurance etc for lone working/manual handling. Just a warning.

Surely as it's an employee situation, THEY have to pay your stamps, and provide any applicable insurance?

Or is this a nasty little catch that applies to homecare workers, no matter who they're through?

• Advertisement

inisboffin wrote: »
    Xiney, don't think you'd qualify as past it at 23:p:p:p

I'm guessing the college student themselves maybe is female, and they either need someone over 30 or very close to her(?) age.

Trying to see the non creepy possibilities here folks:D

I'm pretty sure I've seen the person concerned: male who uses a wheelchair, maybe mid 20s, always accompanied by a very young (late teens) woman girl. Seen very frequently around the Eyre Square area - though now I think of it, I haven't seen the lad (or the ad) for some months now.

Not necessarily creepy: he may just prefer female company. I believe that gender discrimination is legal for work performed in domestic situations, don't know about age though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement