Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 TeleSales making promises that they can't keep

Options
  • 17-09-2010 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

I'm a 3 mobile broadband customer & from time to time I get telesales calls from them trying to get me to move to them for phone. On the day the iPhone 4 was released I got a call from them & the sales guy told me that as I was a "valued broadband customer" he could offer me the iPhone 4 with next day delivery. All sounds good, I was going to switch from meteor anyway because I wanted the iPhone 4 and was looking at all my options.

Here is where he made me the promise he couldn't keep: He told me that if I sign up today he'd upgrade my account to 500 flexi units per month instead of the standard 350 for €40 per month. I'd also get a free add-on.

I paid with credit card & received the phone the next day as promised.

When I got my first bill there was no free add-on & only the standard 350 flexi units. I went into the store about this & they said that there was no offer they were aware of for the extra units but that add-ons don't get activated until after the first month's bill so to just wait, because telesales was a different dept.

I received a text late last week to say that my add on was active but nothing about my extra units. I logged on online to see that I still had only 350 units. I phoned customer care & spoke to a very helpful girl who told me that they were not running any promotion for an extra 150 units & that the sales staff would not be authorised to offer anything like this.

I explained that I was not very happy that I had been offered this bonus and that it was one of the main reasons that I had chosen Three over Vodafone & O2 for the iPhone 4 and asked if I could speak to a manager or supervisor. There were none available at the time (6pm on Friday) but she would escalate the issue & call me back on it.

She called back yesterday after speaking to the manager in Telesales and the sales person who sold me my iPhone. He says that he never made such an offer to me. The call was not recorded so I have no way of proving it.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with them? What are my options with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭CCOLGAN

stvcummins wrote: »
    I'm a 3 mobile broadband customer & from time to time I get telesales calls from them trying to get me to move to them for phone. On the day the iPhone 4 was released I got a call from them & the sales guy told me that as I was a "valued broadband customer" he could offer me the iPhone 4 with next day delivery. All sounds good, I was going to switch from meteor anyway because I wanted the iPhone 4 and was looking at all my options.

Here is where he made me the promise he couldn't keep: He told me that if I sign up today he'd upgrade my account to 500 flexi units per month instead of the standard 350 for €40 per month. I'd also get a free add-on.

I paid with credit card & received the phone the next day as promised.

When I got my first bill there was no free add-on & only the standard 350 flexi units. I went into the store about this & they said that there was no offer they were aware of for the extra units but that add-ons don't get activated until after the first month's bill so to just wait, because telesales was a different dept.

I received a text late last week to say that my add on was active but nothing about my extra units. I logged on online to see that I still had only 350 units. I phoned customer care & spoke to a very helpful girl who told me that they were not running any promotion for an extra 150 units & that the sales staff would not be authorised to offer anything like this.

I explained that I was not very happy that I had been offered this bonus and that it was one of the main reasons that I had chosen Three over Vodafone & O2 for the iPhone 4 and asked if I could speak to a manager or supervisor. There were none available at the time (6pm on Friday) but she would escalate the issue & call me back on it.

She called back yesterday after speaking to the manager in Telesales and the sales person who sold me my iPhone. He says that he never made such an offer to me. The call was not recorded so I have no way of proving it.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with them? What are my options with this?

Hmmm...

I am pretty sure that the call would have been recorded.. Otherwise how do they know that you said yes to the switch? I know you paid with the credit card, but i am pretty sure that there needs to be some sort of record to what you are signing up to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Ask for the transcript of the recording

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭puddles22

there is a free add on of 150 mins of off peak calls maybe that is the one , i just got mine activated today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 stvcummins

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to get back on them later and see how I get on. Great advice Davy about asking for the transcript of the call.

Advertisement