Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Fifa 11 demo

• 17-09-2010 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Anyone else download and played the new fifa 11 demo? I am not liking it at all compared to fifa 10. Maybe it will take a bit to get used to, but at the moment I don't like it.

The new penalty taking system is rubbish and over the top in my opinion.

What does everyone else think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'm liking it so far. Very similar to FIFA 10 but feel "smoother" or something? Hard to explain. I feel the peno system is a bit less random (from the goalkeeper perspective) than FIFA 10.

Finding it v hard to score though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Downloaded it the other day first thing i noticed the play is much slower , taking a bit of getting used to. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055977798&page=31 big thread about it

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bytesize

I hate the peno system. There are too many buttons to have to press. It should be simple - Point & Shoot. Old system was better.

I am getting used to the new game but I find tackling is rubbish. I tackle and get the ball but don't get it at the same time, they still retain possession more than half the time.

I also feel it is no longer possible to play without utilizing skills at least a few times during play. And ref decisions for and against me are ridiculous half the time. I am not getting them when I should, and am giving them away when it shouldn't. This happened quite often in fifa 10 too though.

Thanks for the link too Keysersoze

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

pro evo all the way lads sorry :)

pro evo all the way lads sorry :)

Don't get me started. Pro Evo has been shot the past few years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Jim wrote: »
    I'm liking it so far. Very similar to FIFA 10 but feel "smoother" or something? Hard to explain. I feel the peno system is a bit less random (from the goalkeeper perspective) than FIFA 10.

Finding it v hard to score though...

havnt done penos yet, but i find it smooth or something also, it looks and plays smoother, its slightly different but the fifa 10 demo was not liek fifa 10 so im sure there will be minor changed, overall impressed and it looks great

also

pro evo has lost it the last 3-4 years and this is coming from a guy who played some of the earliest ISS on the snes! ..swapped to fifa for fifa 10, its jsut better than pro evo, i beleive some folk from the pro evo team went over to the fifa camp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

bytesize wrote: »
    I hate the peno system. There are too many buttons to have to press.

You only have to press B to shoot, and push the left stick in a direction, no extra button presses than before. :confused::confused:

You just need to time them better.

@Rooney

You are right, I don't know what I was on about with that.

Advertisement