Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

temp work help!!

Options
  • 17-09-2010 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

im working part time for a recruitment agency as a 2nd job.
    i was due to be paid last week and no pay arrived in my bank account. am i entitled to anything for the delay in payment? it is an agency rule that temporary staff get paid ona certain date and it is past that date for me...

also, as a temporary worker, am i entitled to ask for holiday pay through working for this agency?
    i get paid a fixed amount per hour but it doesnt include holiday pay?
    am i only entitled to holiday pay on bank holidays or every day i work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Even if you're in a permanenet job for 30 years you're not entitled to any extra pay if they're late handing over the money! So the answer to your first question is NO!

The agency should have given you a contract outlining the situation regarding holiday pay. The have legal obligations to meet but there are several options for a company to chose on how they will operate holiday pay, so you will need to check with your individual agency.
    And as far as I know, an employee is entitled to bank holiday pay, but only if they have worked a certain number of hours in the weeks before the bank holiday.
    You should really contact the agency and clarify everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Even if you're in a permanenet job for 30 years you're not entitled to any extra pay if they're late handing over the money! So the answer to your first question is NO!

yea, as the saying goes "welcome to the real world!" ;)

Advertisement