Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 17-09-2010 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm using chrome, Normally when I reply to a thread and submit my reply, the page reloads and when it does, I'm taken directly to where I posted my reply in the thread. I've noticed lately that when I reply to a thread, maybe 1 in 3 times the thread reloads but not with my post, and I am at the top of the thread. I have to manually refresh the thread to see my post.

Is the sky falling in?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,508 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

not just you, and it's definitly getting much more common

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056011745

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Hi

I'm using chrome, Normally when I reply to a thread and submit my reply, the page reloads and when it does, I'm taken directly to where I posted my reply in the thread. I've noticed lately that when I reply to a thread, maybe 1 in 3 times the thread reloads but not with my post, and I am at the top of the thread. I have to manually refresh the thread to see my post.

Is the sky falling in?

I get that quite alot too.

I dont use chrome however.

I just think its getting ever closer to December 2012, these are the early signs

• Registered Users Posts: 28,958 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

i'm having the same problem with Opera, but even refreshing doesn't bring it up. So I try post again. This time it tells me its a repeat post despite the fact it doesn't show the first one. So I leave the thread and go out to the forum. In the forum where the thread I just posted the thread I just posted in is half way down the page. So I go back and post again. Still doesn't show so I give up.

I stumble back into the thread later on and I have three posts there :confused: All the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

snyper wrote: »
    I get that quite alot too.

I dont use chrome however.

I just think its getting ever closer to December 2012, these are the early signs

What happens in December 2012? Has 12/12/12 got anything to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I have noticed this over hte past few weeks, using firefox. Dont remember it happening before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

What happens in December 2012? Has 12/12/12 got anything to do with it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Its happening in chrome alright. Quite annoying when the site is on a slow moment but hitting F5 alot is tiresome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

This is happening to me to Im using safari
    I thought at the start that I didn't click submit and twice I went on and rewrote the post

It seem to be happening on all browsers so it has to be a boards bug

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Chrome is notorious for loading a lot of web pages through cache, so this could be the issue with one browser, or at least it may seem that its an issue. I don't know about the other browsers.

Advertisement