Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 weeks on, when will I feel good!

Options
  • 17-09-2010 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Well its 5 weeks on, still craving ciggies so badly!!
    When I gave up last year I read the Allen Carr book and had no cravings at all, maybe that is where my downfall is :(

Any help greatly appreciated :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Its hard to say pinkstars, luckily i got over the cravings after about 6-8 weeks. i dont crave them now at all. unless im on the beer and there's someone smoking beside me. but even then they're not strong.

All i can say is hang in there, it will get better. dealing with cravings is easier than dealing with cancer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I'm off them just a little bit longer then you and the only advice i can give. Is take up a new habit! I started in the gym and have not really looked back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

P.s. Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭NavanEPS

HI Off them nearly 11 weeks - I was feeling better at your stage or maybe just after. But doubts will start to kick in around now so keep alert and say "NO".
    I had my worst day yesterday in about 6 weeks (had a ciggy in my hand!!) but didn't and of course delighted now I didn't. How would I feel now:eek:

Good luck and stay strong

Advertisement