Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

See consultant in Private

Options
  • 17-09-2010 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

HI, I have been treated in public hospital through A&E. and currently have regular appointment for out patient with my consultant in public hospital for check up.

I am intended to see my consultant in his own private clinic.

I understand that my public out patient appointment will not become available for me after seeing the consultant privately. So is there any benefit I see my consultant in private?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭kangaroo

GajahMada wrote: »
    HI, I have been treated in public hospital through A&E. and currently have regular appointment for out patient with my consultant in public hospital for check up.

I am intended to see my consultant in his own private clinic.

I understand that my public out patient appointment will not become available for me after seeing the consultant privately. So is there any benefit I see my consultant in private?
    One issue is you may not get to see a consultant in the public appointment, "just" a "junior" doctor (or "non-consultant hospital doctor") (as far as I know).

No chance you could postpone the private and see how you get on in the public appointment? I suppose it depends on the waiting list.

Advertisement