Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 120

• 17-09-2010 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hi,

does anyone know if there will be anymore tickets going on sale for UFC 120 and if not what is the best way about going to get 2 tickets?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Keep an eye out on this and other MMA forums, lots of people will find out that they have something else on that day and will have to sell there tickets, you could also try ebay but they are so over priced!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

MrDap wrote: »
    Hi,

does anyone know if there will be anymore tickets going on sale for UFC 120 and if not what is the best way about going to get 2 tickets?

Cheers

There's still tickets available on Ticketmaster but they're in the £200 range. Ebay is your best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

i have one of the 80 pound tickets and i don't know if i'll be able to go now what part of the country are you as if i was to sell it i'd prefer a face to face deal

I think the OP is after 2, but I'm in need of 1. I'm in Donegal though. Will be in Dublin briefly next weekend.

no dublin wouldnt be suitable for me either, its just a bit up in d air at the moment as i might have a rugby match that weekend aswell but if i can't get a handy sale where some1 collects it or comes very close to nenagh to pick it up i'll just hold on2 it and go over for it, really want to go to it but just other things clashing:mad:

• Advertisement

Fair enough buddy. I'll keep tracking ebay.

Flights, hotel and Expo tickets are bought so I'll have to find one somewhere! :p

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Flights, hotel and Expo tickets are bought so I'll have to find one somewhere! :p

Same as four of us. Two of us were waiting on the other two for money and the tickets passed the E150 mark and going kind of went of the cards. But i want to try get tickets(cheap ones) and as a last resort we'll head down around the arena on the day if we're still ticket-less.

I've been tracking Stubhub for weeks, tickets started round the $150(£50 pound ones) mark initially and passed over $250 a week or two back. Ridicules prices considering the FN was $40-60, Penn/Edgar $100, $70-Mir/Cro-cop and $100 for Brock/Cain. Could have picked up 3 for the price of 1 London..... Touting *****s

as a last resort we'll head down around the arena on the day if we're still ticket-less.

Have you ever got tickets at the arena before? I've been at 2 O2 events and seen guys flogging tickets. Do they sell them cheap as they need rid of them or pricey as they know you're stuck?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭conor678

Hi,
    I'm heading over to 120 myself and just a bit curious about the fan's expo. I saw the list of fighters attending the expo over the Fri and Sat (it's up on mmabay.org and the ufc website, some massive list with massive names!). Anyway my question is do people have previous experience of these expos and what are they like?

Does paying the ticket price mean you're allowed to get pics with all the fighters or do you have to pay them each separately for pics with them?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭TheProdigy

conor678 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm heading over to 120 myself and just a bit curious about the fan's expo. I saw the list of fighters attending the expo over the Fri and Sat (it's up on mmabay.org and the ufc website, some massive list with massive names!). Anyway my question is do people have previous experience of these expos and what are they like?

Does paying the ticket price mean you're allowed to get pics with all the fighters or do you have to pay them each separately for pics with them?

Thanks

Went to the one in Boston 3 weeks ago, very enjoyable. Considering the event was quite disappointing the expo really added to the weekend. You do not have to pay for autographs or photo's with the fighters, they will be at a certain booth which is one of their sponsors (ie. Forrest Griffin and Anthony Johnson were at BSN booth). The fighters do move from location from sponsor to sponsor though so make sure you look at the timetables around the place.You just queue up and the fighters have photos of themselves on the desk which they sign, or you can giv them something else. Some sponsors had a system that if you bought something you got an autograph and photo quicker, RVCA for Vitor Belfort and Silver Star for Clay Guida had this but not sure was it much of an advantage. The queues are quite big for the fighters, average is an hour or so wait. The queues for Anderson Silva and Chuck Liddell were huge, so the wait for them was around 2 hours. I'd get the 2 day pass because the difference in price wasn't much for Boston and there is other stuff to see, Q and A with Wanderlei, Chuck, Dana etc which all take an hour. There is also grappling tournaments on which would have some good BJJ artists, Hermes Franca for one. There will also be trainers and Goldy and Rogan just walking around the expo checking it out aswel so its quite a relaxed atmosphere. Definately advise you to go to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭stevemc01

I have a friend who is looking for 2 tickets to UFC 120, (cheaper ones than the £192 tickets on ticket master).

If anyone has any please send me a pm.

Thanks

Steve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

It is going to be enjoyable seeing Bisping getting KO'ed in his own country.

ormondprop wrote: »
    no dublin wouldnt be suitable for me either, its just a bit up in d air at the moment as i might have a rugby match that weekend aswell but if i can't get a handy sale where some1 collects it or comes very close to nenagh to pick it up i'll just hold on2 it and go over for it, really want to go to it but just other things clashing:mad:

got a few days work so had money burning a hole in my pocket so the flights are now booked so holding onto the ticket, and all set,

whats the story with the expo would i want to buy my ticket now or would i be able to get it on the friday or saturday at it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

unknown13 wrote: »
    It is going to be enjoyable seeing Bisping getting KO'ed in his own country.

Nah, won't happen. Sexiyama to make bisping tap in Rd2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Cant wait for this to be honest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Hoeballs

Mellor wrote: »

my moneys on bisping, not sure why everyone hates him so much, good fighter hard worker, can be a bit of a douche

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Hoeballs

its class not having to say up till 5 in the morn:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Hoeballs wrote: »
    my moneys on bisping, not sure why everyone hates him so much,
    Maybe because;
    good fighter hard worker, can be a bit of a douche

I think there's 2 reasons for the Bisping hate.

1 - He's a tool, good a reason as any isn't it?

2 - The UFC have tried to market him as God's gift to MMA. Can you think of another mid level fighter who has headlined or co-headlined more events simply because he's a Brit and the UFC want to draw in UK fans?

The second reason is no fault of Bisping's but it still makes people (even the UK fans) resent him because every time they get an event they are promised a big headline star and get handed Bisping yet again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Mellor wrote: »

I like Bisping, but don't see him winning this one.

I put a few bets on betfair and was surprized to see they were matched.

Akiyama by KO / TKO @ 6.8(about 6/1)
    Akiyama by Submission @ 8 (7/1)
    Akiyama by Dec / Tech Dec @ 4.8 (about 4/1)

Only couple quid on each at this stage, maybe increase stakes closer to event and if I'm up from other bets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Devastator wrote: »
    I like Bisping, but don't see him winning this one.

I put a few bets on betfair and was surprized to see they were matched.

Akiyama by KO / TKO @ 6.8(about 6/1)
    Akiyama by Submission @ 8 (7/1)
    Akiyama by Dec / Tech Dec @ 4.8 (about 4/1)

Only couple quid on each at this stage, maybe increase stakes closer to event and if I'm up from other bets

:eek: :eek: Are you serious?

Bisping has been put down in most of his recent fights (exception being the Miller fight). Akiyama rocked Leben a few times and many people say Leben has the best chin in MMA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 johnride

UFC 120: Bisping vs. Akiyama is an upcoming mixed martial arts event to be held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on October 16, 2010 at the O2 Arena in London, England.The first ever UK UFC Fan Expo will coincide with this event.This event will air on the same day, via tape delay, on Spike TV in the U.S.The event will be the fourth the UFC has hosted at the O2 Arena in London, England and the first since UFC 95. It is also the ninth event held in England and the first since UFC 105.

johnride wrote: »
    UFC 120: Bisping vs. Akiyama is an upcoming mixed martial arts event to be held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on October 16, 2010 at the O2 Arena in London, England.The first ever UK UFC Fan Expo will coincide with this event.This event will air on the same day, via tape delay, on Spike TV in the U.S.The event will be the fourth the UFC has hosted at the O2 Arena in London, England and the first since UFC 95. It is also the ninth event held in England and the first since UFC 105.

wow.....do you write for wikipedia or just C&P their content?

Out of interest I've put few bets on Akiyama to see how big it will get matched to. Latest was @ 15(14/1) on submission win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Bisping and Hardy to get KO'd would make it a great event.

Don't mind to much about Hathaway..good fighter and is not "in your face" so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭conor678

Hi,
    Does anyone have any idea or previous experience of how much drinks'll be in the O2. I'm heading over myself and plan on being in the O2 from the prelims all through the event and would like to get a rough estimate of drinking money required for such a plan.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

seiphil wrote: »
    Bisping and Hardy to get KO'd would make it a great event.

Don't mind to much about Hathaway..good fighter and is not "in your face" so much.

Bisping and Hardy will both take decisions imo

conor678 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Does anyone have any idea or previous experience of how much drinks'll be in the O2. I'm heading over myself and plan on being in the O2 from the prelims all through the event and would like to get a rough estimate of drinking money required for such a plan.

Thanks

I went to a gig in it about 2 years ago, think it was £3.50 a plastic pint. I thought it would have been at least £5 so was happily surprized, whether or not they increase it for UFC events I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Devastator wrote: »
    I went to a gig in it about 2 years ago, think it was £.50 a plastic pint. I thought it would have been at least £5 so was happily surprized, whether or not they increase it for UFC events I don't know.

50 p for a plastic pint, AWESOME, if i'd have know it was that cheap i'd be goin :D:D

UFC120 is looking more and more like an advertising tool for 121.

scudzilla wrote: »
    50 p for a plastic pint, AWESOME, if i'd have know it was that cheap i'd be goin :D:D

UFC120 is looking more and more like an advertising tool for 121.

opps :D

If it was 50p I think I would have fallen down the 8million stairs to the ground floor to our seats :eek::P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Hardy v Condit is my FoTN for this card. Its gonna be an all out war. I reckon Bisping, Hardy and Hathaway all takes the wins on this card. Most of all though im looking forward to the Cyrille Diabate fight, id say this guy could be a real contender at 205

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭flynny51

Hardy v Condit is my FoTN for this card. Its gonna be an all out war.

No doubt about it! The NBK is my favourite fighter, it doesn't matter who he fights, someone far better or far worse, it'll always be exciting! I can't stand Hardy but I think he has the PERFECT style to make a great matchup with Condit. Been looking forward to this forever :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'm looking forward to the Kongo fight myself, I know he's limited but I still enjoy watching him.

I'm sure I'll miss the fights anyway, I'll be up at 3am wondering why I can't find the bloody thing, before it will slowly dawn on me...:D

Advertisement