Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LAN side UDP/TCP/SYN floods.

• 17-09-2010 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

Need some help here.

Recently I have noticed at certain times of the day the speed of my 30mb connection would drop so much that I couldn't open a web page anymore. I went into the router config page and I found this in the event log.(See attached)

Beofre you ask, yes I use P2P software and I have never seen this happen before. It's happening when I have all P2P software closed. Rang up UPC about the issue and the guy on the other end didn't know what I was on about really. He's sending out someone to have a look next week.

Is there any way I can stop this?

Cheers guys

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

seanbmc wrote: »
    Hey guys

Need some help here.

Recently I have noticed at certain times of the day the speed of my 30mb connection would drop so much that I couldn't open a web page anymore. I went into the router config page and I found this in the event log.(See attached)

Beofre you ask, yes I use P2P software and I have never seen this happen before. It's happening when I have all P2P software closed. Rang up UPC about the issue and the guy on the other end didn't know what I was on about really. He's sending out someone to have a look next week.

Is there any way I can stop this?

Cheers guys

The Cisco is crap, so turning off the flood protection should help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Spear wrote: »
    The Cisco is crap, so turning off the flood protection should help.

I know it's a poor excuse for a router, I turned it on but it still seems to be happening.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

seanbmc wrote: »
    I know it's a poor excuse for a router, I turned it on but it still seems to be happening.

WoW uses bittorrent for updates too last I recall, as does Steam.

There's a small app called TCPview which should show the process responsible.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897437.aspx

(it catches UDP as well despite the name).

Spear wrote: »
    WoW uses bittorrent for updates too last I recall, as does Steam.

There's a small app called TCPview which should show the process responsible.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897437.aspx

(it catches UDP as well despite the name).

Cool thanks.

So I ran the app and found some bittorrent ones going, I don't even have it open so I uninstalled it and ended all the processes involved. I'll keep a close eye on it when my internet starts to slow down majorly again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement