Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tinned mackerel suggestions

Options
  • 17-09-2010 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

I quite like the taste of the mackerel but don't think I'd eat it straight from the tin, tried it with sweetcorn and lettuce today (like it was tuna) but wasn't mad about the combination.

I can imagine it would be lovely on toast but I'm trying to stay away from bread and pasta, any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Mackerel Pate?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,508 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I had it last week with scrambled eggs for breakfast, might be ok once a week or so. If I add fish to a salad I normally go with the tinned salmon as its a milder taste

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Tinned mackerel or smoked mackerel is great in a thai style salad. The lime juice in a thai dressing works very well against the oily fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭billybongoes

Thanks for the suggestions! Will try them out next time I pick some up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

If you have some other fish pieces, you could make nice fish cakes with the mackerel?

• Advertisement
Advertisement