Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How quick is money put back into your account after returning item.

Options
  • 17-09-2010 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum so if not im sure the mods will move it.

Basically I was in town earlier and purchased something in BT2 via my laser card. I was in the bank afterwards dealing with some other business so I checked my balance and I have completely misjudged my money situation this week and might be stuck over the week-end.

If I was to return the item I bought before they close today how quick would the money be returned to my account? Would it be done before the weekend was out?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

No, it wouldn't. Refunds can take a couple of working days to reach your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Nah it takes a few days generally... unless the shop is clever and simply voids the original transaction... which is theoretically possible on the same day (and cheaper for shop / bank).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Danye wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right forum so if not im sure the mods will move it.

Basically I was in town earlier and purchased something in BT2 via my laser card. I was in the bank afterwards dealing with some other business so I checked my balance and I have completely misjudged my money situation this week and might be stuck over the week-end.

If I was to return the item I bought before they close today how quick would the money be returned to my account? Would it be done before the weekend was out?

Thanks in advance

As other said, it could take a few days, and they might not even take it back, they have no obligation to do so, unless it is faulty.

Advertisement