Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pavement Poet

Options
  • 17-09-2010 5:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭

I'm sure many of you have noticed the man who writes poems (loose use of the word) on the pavement next to the statue of Molly Malone. I walked past him many times before I stopped and read what he was writing. It was quite trite, but I think it is a pretty novel way of getting a few euro as a homeless person.

I have heard people say that he is an annoying prick for taking up space on the path, and that he gets pretty argo if you walk too close to his chalk writing. Have any of you read anything he has writen, and what do you think about it, and indeed him?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Never noticed him tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I think, Dublin Forum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I have heard people say that he is an annoying prick for taking up space on the path, and that he gets pretty argo if you walk too close to his chalk writing. Have any of you read anything he has writen, and what do you think about it, and indeed him?

I've heard him shout "Arsehole!" at people who absent-mindedly walk straight through it. He does use slightly too much pavement, but it's a far less unpleasant way of making money than accosting people at Luas stops and asking them for change.

This should probably be in the 'Town' forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

funny i am across this thread i took this picture last week as was too lazy to stand and read it so i took the picture to read when i got home :D

000c054C7Qh.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

street_painting_q.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Nolanger wrote: »
    street_painting_q.jpg

Is that real? Amazing if it is. Makes this lad in town look like quite the hack!

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

Nolanger wrote: »
    street_painting_q.jpg

amazing.....where was that taken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

carolmon wrote: »
    amazing.....where was that taken?

Looks to me like it was taken

123 Photoshop Place,
    Photoshop City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Advertisement