Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could I afford decent accommodation in Dublin?

Options
  • 17-09-2010 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hello, i'm new to this and could use some advice please.

I'm thinking of getting a flat with one bedroom (furnished - don't laugh) preferably in Dublin northside or city centre south and was wondering would it be possible to get something decent for say 550 a month?

I'm coming out with about 997 euro a month so I dunno would it be an unrealistic expectation to find anything.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

You want to spend almost half your earnings on rent?

Look up daft and you can see what's available. If you were to share in a house you could get a nice place for €300 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 residenteire

Yeh, thanks for that don't like sharing though you always end up with complete nutters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Earning what you do, not unless you get something for 300/mo or less with small bills.

yeh, aw crap.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If you go far enough out from the city you will but that will mean you will have commuting costs if living in the city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I earn twice that and I struggle to rent an apartment on my own (in Naas, not in Dublin). Youre going to find it very hard in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Maybe you should rent a room instead, maybe cost 300quid a mth.

Thanks everyone for the advice, I guess the thing to do is just rent a bedsit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

Hello, i'm new to this and could use some advice please.

I'm thinking of getting a flat with one bedroom (furnished - don't laugh) preferably in Dublin northside or city centre south and was wondering would it be possible to get something decent for say 550 a month?

I'm coming out with about 997 euro a month so I dunno would it be an unrealistic expectation to find anything.

It would make no sense to spend over half of your wages on rent. You would need to add another 60-80e on utility bills.

Live with someone. Not everybody out there are nutters. I've lived with around 20 people over the years and only 2 of those I would class as so. If they are then just make your excuses and move out.

Advertisement