Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballyconnell

• 17-09-2010 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    I'm new to boards.ie, i live in Ballyconnell a blow in from Dublin. I was hoping that someone here would know of things to do in the area that dont revolve around a pub !!! My wife and I are in our 20s with a young son and dont really have the money to go to the pubs but would like to get to know some local people.

Its quite easy to have a quick chat with people in the town while in the shops etc but thats not what I'm looking for, its more along the lines of a social club etc.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

cavan1983 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm new to boards.ie, i live in Ballyconnell a blow in from Dublin. I was hoping that someone here would know of things to do in the area that dont revolve around a pub !!! My wife and I are in our 20s with a young son and dont really have the money to go to the pubs but would like to get to know some local people.

Its quite easy to have a quick chat with people in the town while in the shops etc but thats not what I'm looking for, its more along the lines of a social club etc.

thanks in advance
    Hi man, I'm not sure about Ballyconnell as I'm from the far side of Cavan, but I do know that they have great GAA facilities over there so you could give that a try if you're into GAA. It's always a great way to get to know local people because GAA is as local as you can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 IrishAngel75

Hi my husband is also a dublin blowin and we live about 5 miles from Ballyconnell, and as a former ballyconnell native there is not much else to do in the area other than pubs unless you use your imagination, ie. for your wife mother and toddler groups (maybe not BC but surrounding areas) yoga, pilates etc.... buy the anglo celt newspaper, great for information on whats going on locally... in the meantime i am thinking of other things for ya...
    Chat soon

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cavan1983

thanks Irish, will keep an eye on the celt for stuff thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 IrishAngel75

My Husband asked me to ask you "What part of Dublin are you from????" LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 caavan shooter

cavan1983 wrote: »
    Hi,

thanks in advance

em i no theres a good shooting club down in the ballyvonnel area and is great crack and youd meet loads of peolpe!!
    maybe if u ask in the anglers rest in the town in ballyconnel theyll give you some details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You should have no problems meeting lots of friends. Call down to tthe dole office.The population is rumoured to double on payout days:D:D:D

Advertisement