Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling my meteor contract! Help!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

jimmynokia wrote: »
    im sure that wont be an issue lol

Apparently it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

JustinOval wrote: »
    Apparently it is.

not if you mention the eu law thing they back down or you can opt to change tarriff
    and get an upgrade :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

jimmynokia wrote: »
    not if you mention the eu law thing they back down or you can opt to change tarriff
    and get an upgrade :D:D:D:D:D:D

This EU law 'thing'?
    Just rang to cancel my 2 contracts, they said no problem but want the handsets back

Mentioned that Euro law that states without penalty but they said that's a monetary penalty.

Rang Comreg who said that they were entitled to the handsets back and there was nothing they could do.

Guess that's game set and match to the fcukers

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69028367&postcount=76

depends who you get it worked for me last time on speaking to a second person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nyam

I have the same problem with meteor and just wondering, if i just cancel my direct debit with meteor what can they do with it? Im not really planning to get a loan from the bank ever. And also what if im unable to pay their lowest 20euro plans?

• Advertisement

nyam wrote: »
    I have the same problem with meteor and just wondering, if i just cancel my direct debit with meteor what can they do with it? Im not really planning to get a loan from the bank ever. And also what if im unable to pay their lowest 20euro plans?

they will send letters with windows in them until you die
    just cancell as said and tell them your leaving the country its not like people are doing it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭DB888

Hi guys.Thought this might be the place for help.

Was recently in America for 2 weeks and i racked up an extremely high bill,€1740 to be exact.Mainly due to internet charges.I thought i would get a bill for maybe ´€300-400 which I would of paid but certinly not the €1740.I did not get a text message to say when I passed a certain amount(like normally they text to say you have charged €50 eg,and then they will text again to say you have passed €100).Do they have to text you?.Is there anyway I can get out of this,my contract has been canceled which was the expensive unlimited plan,I was payin about €95 a month including unlimited internet.

Any help is very much appreciated
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

It's only within the EU will you receive an SMS or be cut off at a certain point.

Outside of the EU its your own responsibility unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭DB888

Thanks for the reply.Anyone have any suggestions on what I may be able to do?..Whats the deal with returning the phone?I have the HTC Desire HD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭eilo1

To BD888

I remember reading an article in the times about a year ago about a woman who ran up a large bill and fought to have it reduced. She managed to get it from thosands to hundreds.
    Also here is a thread by a guy in a similar situation who got the charge greatly reduced
    good luck!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055967516&page=2

• Advertisement
Advertisement