Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Con Artsits Around Town

Options
  • 17-09-2010 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I dont know if there has been a thread about this before, but it is really starting to wreck my head

I started to notice it last Christmas, me and my mates were in a bar early one evening and these fairly rough lookin kids came in with these sponsorship cards that said 'School Christmas Raffle' on the front no name of the school at all or anything and were going around asking for people for buy a line for two euro, me and my friends told them to get shot, but not before they got a good few quid off peole who had a few jars on them.

The same thing happened around easter, me and my friend always go to the same coffe shop in temple bar, and they were in again, but got ran before they got anything. This time it was for an 'easter raffle' again no school and the cards just looked amateur

I was Stephens Green recently and low and behold theres the little knackers lookinf for money for their Summer Camp. Now Ive been to summer camp as Im sure many of you have, and we were never sent around the streets looking for money. they are alwats the same kids and are as rough as F***

The breaking pioit was yeaterday I was on Grafton St and there they were with manky looking buckets the just had 'Irish Lung Foundation' written on it in marker. Only this time they had adult women with them also fairly dodgey looking. To collect money on the streets you have to have charity reg number and id and none of there were in sight.

The are complete scammers so if you see them dont give them a cent, waht really annoys me is that they seem to target tourists, and in the case of the pub the drunkest people in there.

Has anyone come accross them, and if so, as frequently as I have?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

How about the american guy, who spins a yarn saying he was mugged the night before and his wallet was taken and he needs to get to the US embassy pronto > hinting for money for a taxi fare.

Or the italian guy who needs to off load numerous leather jackets before he flys out of the country.

feckin chancers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Call the Gardai and they will arrest them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

philstar wrote: »
    How about the american guy, who spins a yarn saying he was mugged the night before and his wallet was taken and he needs to get to the US embassy pronto > hinting for money for a taxi fare.

Or the italian guy who needs to off load numerous leather jackets before he flys out of the country.

feckin chancers
    I had a customer bring me in one of those leather jackets to get the sleeves shortened, full of tales of making a great bargain with some fella on the way to the airport with samples.
    I didn't disabuse him of the notion, felt kind of bad since it was Aviatrix or something instead of Armani, and they have pretty similar logos.

Advertisement