Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lung Cancer is cheap

Options
  • 17-09-2010 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭

And taxes are expensive, is this the logic?

We have the highest tax in Europe on ciggarettes, and we banned ten packs. (would you refuse an alco a pint but offer him a litre of vodka instead?)

I heard lung cancer is quick to kill, hard to spot and with little treatment.

Fags are addictive, and openly sold, and sold in a minimum amount that while I am trying to quit, lasts a week at least on one or two a day.

I go 3-4 days without a smoke, and need ONE to continue on, but have to buy 20.

WTF

Why isn't this discussed?

We are kept addicted with minimum purchases, and taxed til we die cheaply and quickly, with only ourself to blame :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭katnia

And taxes are expensive, is this the logic?

We have the highest tax in Europe on ciggarettes, and we banned ten packs. (would you refuse an alco a pint but offer him a litre of vodka instead?)

I heard lung cancer is quick to kill, hard to spot and with little treatment.

Fags are addictive, and openly sold, and sold in a minimum amount that while I am trying to quit, lasts a week at least on one or two a day.

I go 3-4 days without a smoke, and need ONE to continue on, but have to buy 20.

WTF

Why isn't this discussed?

We are kept addicted with minimum purchases, and taxed til we die cheaply and quickly, with only ourself to blame :rolleyes:

Get over it, smoke or don't smoke it's your choice, stop moaning about it, life's too short, especially if you smoke.....!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Subtle Troll

This is the smoking forum, please address the topic at hand, we are smokers here.

I want to know what people think about what I said not that I smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

No this is the giving up smoking forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement