Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Short Non-Cruiser Style bikes

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

horse7 wrote: »
    i have a full bike liscence from about 40 years ago,can i drive on that,

What Category is it?
    is the annual tax 21euro for all bikes,and can you get comp insurance on a bike.

annual Tax is 76 over 200cc, you can get comp insurance
    also can i buy a new bike in the north without the tax and pay the tax in ireland plus the vrt,or maybe a 6 month old one and pay the vrt,would there be any savings?

Doubtful. Worth your while checking though, I think VRT is paid simply by year and engine size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭horse7

thanks for the info.

had a look in bikeworld,nice selection,and some good advise on getting back into bikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Just some advise on bikeworld, I would steer clear of them when buying gear. Go to cotters which is just don't the road, sound lads in there and alot of the gear I have found in there is half the price it is in Bikeworld..

are the bikes prices in bikeworld any good.had a look at cotters web page ,do they sell new bikes,or just gear.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

are the bikes prices in bikeworld any good.had a look at cotters web page ,do they sell new bikes,or just gear.

They sell some second hand bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Tree wrote: »
    So it's that time again, when the short-legged tree needs to find a new motorbike. So the CBF250 was excellent (until stolen by mean people) though slightly too high, and the brother's lovely bandit is slightly too high too.
    Any suggestions for something a little shorter? (and dear jesus no cruisers, they're horrid yokes) (oh and 250cc +)

What about this:

bnrL_2010101802.jpg

Bit tall for her, no?

How about this?

monkey_bikes_4_340x270.jpg

:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

:( why is kamikazi always mean to me :(

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

How about this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

:( why is kamikazi always mean to me :(

He will stop being mean to you when you get a new bike. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

P.C. wrote: »
    He will stop being mean to you when you get a new bike. :rolleyes:
    Promise?

Promise?

Only if the new bike is beasty.

Not likely to be on my budget :(

Pfft woman will ya never learn, bikes don't have to be expensive to be beasty

Advertisement