Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC modems

• 17-09-2010 8:54pm

I'm moving to a new flat in the next few weeks. At present I have UPC with the Scientific Atlanta EPC2203 modem which was installed about 2 years ago. Are UPC still offering this modem? I really don't want them to give me a Cisco when I move to the new place.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

They don't, but you should be able to keep it if you just tell them you're moving your account to the new location. They won't give you a new modem.

Thought I'd update.

My old account wasn't in my name so I couldn't transfer it over to the new place. But I signed up online in my own name and didn't choose the wireless option. They sent me the self install kit and in it was an EPC2203. It's dated February 2009 but was neatly packed in the box. Probably a refurb but that doesn't bother me, at least I'll have no issues with bridging or the like.

It still has the old firmware with the SA logo rather than the Cisco one, hopefully it'll update itself as I'll have DCC issues otherwise.

Advertisement