Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new phone & porting from 3pay to 3 pay monthly

Options
  • 17-09-2010 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

More of a general question than an iphone specific one.

Currently on 3Pay and just bought an iphone on pay monthly today. At time of purchase I requested my 087 number to be ported from 3pay. Is activating the phone in itunes all I have to do? What I mean is, now that I've activated the phone, will the port take place in X number of hours/days/weeks or do I need to phone the woeful three helpdesk to get them to kick it off?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Usually the porting is done within a couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Did you do it in a store, did they say they were porting your number? What time was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

You need to call customer care to port the number. They wouldn't be able to do it in store as your iPhone account wouldn't be active. Call them tomorrow morning and it'll be done by around 12pm.

Walkman wrote: »
    You need to call customer care to port the number. They wouldn't be able to do it in store as your iPhone account wouldn't be active. Call them tomorrow morning and it'll be done by around 12pm.

They stores usually make the call after the customer is gone and the account is active. If they don't they should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

They stores usually make the call after the customer is gone and the account is active. If they don't they should be.

Surley 3 would want to talk to the customer before porting?

• Advertisement

Walkman wrote: »
    Surley 3 would want to talk to the customer before porting?

What's stopping them, the customer still has their phone on so CC can call them to double check. Just makes it easy for the customer. Calling CS within 24hrs of getting your phone can go very wrong. Just as easy for the shop to sort it out on their behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

cheers guys, will hold on until this time tomorrow then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Did you do it in a store, did they say they were porting your number? What time was it?

Just to answer the above, got it in store yesterday. I requested to port the number from 3pay. Was about 7/7:30pm before I activated on itunes.

Advertisement