Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Needed!

Options
  • 17-09-2010 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭

im trying to settle a debate with a friend and i just cant find the info online.would anyone know where id find how many copies of the albums in the current charts have sold to get in there.we were just debating how many would get ya top fifty and the itch of curiousity needs scratching!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

Hi I can find out albums on Monday but if singles will help you heres a rough estimate having gone in a 24 last month and stayed top 30 ourselves for a few weeks, top 40 3rd week and top 60 on last :)

50 = You and the members of the band buying it :)
    30 = on average 350
    20 = 650
    15 = 850
    10 = 1000
    5 = 1600
    1 = depends on the week, ie: if you have a superstar in the list your gonna be looking at silly numbers ie: 7000 or so but the week we came in it was 3000 for No:1

If I remember I will look at albums monday as no one is there on a Sunday ;)

Charttrack decide and hold all details on the charts and you have to be registered ie: have a track in there being counted in order to get figures or know someone whos up for letting you know ;)

some people release and dont inform charttrack therefore their track wont be counted no matter what it says on the itunes/downloadmusic/amazon blah blah front page :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭rpurfield

cheers man my mates bros band is releasing an album soon and im egging him on that they should start a campaign to get it in the album charts id imagine albums would be lower amounts than singles

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

Albums are alot harder, as there are some costing that arnt counted so under pricing isnt the way....

huge fan base is needed as everyone who says they will buy it often wont and if they have followed for years expect it for free :)

my space fans mean ****E my space is an unreal forum, facebook and twitter etc.. are stronger due to having to actually become a fan and not use a PC friend adder like my space ;)

we have 8000 face fans, gig roughy 5-7 nights a week and we only hit 24 as alot actually didnt buy it expected to find it on some illegal site which we completely stopped and monitored :D

Good luck anyway theres lots to think about :D

Advertisement