Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband installation question

• 17-09-2010 9:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We're getting UPC BB installed tomorrow and are just wondering whereabouts the installer will put the router and the wireless modem

We have digital tv from UPC already and theres one of those white UPC boxes on the wall in the sitting room so I'm guessing that he will just put it in there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

Depending on the installer, they might ask you where you want it and run cable for you.

Some dont and like to install it near a tv point.

Be nice and act dumb :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Where ever you want it!

Make your mind up now and tell him when he arrives. None of this the installer wants to put it near a tv point. Simply tell him to put it where you want. If he refuses ring upc and complain. Simple. I wouldn't let someone else decide where to install something in my house cos they preferred to. It's my house and I'll bloody well choose where to place a hole and run cables thank you very much.

Don't forget to offer him a cuppa.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

Yawns wrote: »
    Where ever you want it!

Make your mind up now and tell him when he arrives. None of this the installer wants to put it near a tv point. Simply tell him to put it where you want. If he refuses ring upc and complain. Simple. I wouldn't let someone else decide where to install something in my house cos they preferred to. It's my house and I'll bloody well choose where to place a hole and run cables thank you very much.

Don't forget to offer him a cuppa.

yes you are right and you have a right to put it wherever you want but UPC will tell you over the phone like they told me that if they have to run cable the installer might charge you €50. In my case, they didnt and put it where i wanted it. depends on the installer really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Cheers for the replys everyone,the lads have just gone and everythings up and running,got it installed in the hall just like I wanted,but they declined my generous offer of tea and a bacon roll.

Most importantly though I am now oficially free from eircom and their poxy 30g cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Hi starviewadams,

just a quick question... I'm in clondalkin myself and we got a card from upc to say they're upgrading and broadband would be available in the area in the next few weeks. Are you part of this new upgrade/have you had the service in your area for a while? Does the service meet your expectations? I'm on a really bad copper phone line so the sooner I can get upc'd up the better (hopefully)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Hi,

well upc replaced the wires on the outside of all the houses in our estate just after christmas last year,but we were in a contract with eircom so we only could get the broadband in now with upc.

The service seems great so far,plus we were paying 68e a month to eircom for their 3mb broadband with a 30g download cap,and now were only paying 32e a month to upc for 15mb with no download cap,so were really happy with the service and the price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

thanks, good to hear, hopefully won't be too long before we're upgraded here.

Advertisement