Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone a little drunk already?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Well? how are the heads? :pac:

100%.

Thanks for asking.

Still haven't found any of you in Kempsterbank btw :pac:

Had a full bottle of red last night, followed by beer, and as always, if I start with a bottle of red, no hangover.

Took years of various combos to find that out, but it's certainly good to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Sober , Thank my God.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Next time I'll drink proper booze. The prosecco was nice for a change, but it's back to red wine tonight methinks.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

jokettle wrote: »
    Next time I'll drink proper booze. The prosecco was nice for a change, but it's back to red wine tonight methinks.

Cheap sparkly crap is terrible for hangovers so it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Handyman1

Well? how are the heads? :pac:

Rough as a Dogs diddy at 8am but worked it off by 10 so I'm off now for more supply's :rolleyes:

It's a hard old life but someone has to live it :)

I fancy trying some cheapesh dry wine tonight so can anyone put me wise as to what to get and where

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I am going to start working on my Sunday morning hangover, real soon. Happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

I am going to start working on my Sunday morning hangover, real soon. Happy days :D

+1

tis nearing drink o'clock :D

Where's everyone gone "Hic" I hate to drink alone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I'm here. Second night in a row :( My life sucks! Ah no, saving for going away next weekend :) But still feckin bored and cheering myself up with wine!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Handyman - just waiting for the wine to chill...... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I'm having a few cans, well just going on to my third, slowest cans ever but had quite the session last night which has ensured I wont be out for the rest of the month. Feckin' broke

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Nearly finished my 2nd bottle of wine not drunk at all just chilled out, thats wine for ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Yup I loves the wine I do....just had half the bottle that I didnt finish last night. Jacobs Creek all the way baby. Turning my attentions now to a bottle of Bourbon from Lidl. Not too much though, I have to be up at midday :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I don't get wine. I can't get drunk on it, I only get sick. Its like I miss the whole drunk (fun) part of wine and skip straight to the crap part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭greenmachine88

nothing better than chilling and drinking cans

Nulty wrote: »
    I don't get wine. I can't get drunk on it, I only get sick. Its like I miss the whole drunk (fun) part of wine and skip straight to the crap part.

I absolutely love wine, but it sends me loopers. I now only drink it if I'm having a few glasses at home or in someone else's house, or if I'm out for dinner. If I'm on a night out I stick to vodka and I'm usually tipsy by the end of the night but can remember it all. When I used to drink wine on nights out I'd get so many blackouts, really scary :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I absolutely love wine, but it sends me loopers. I now only drink it if I'm having a few glasses at home or in someone else's house, or if I'm out for dinner. If I'm on a night out I stick to vodka and I'm usually tipsy by the end of the night but can remember it all. When I used to drink wine on nights out I'd get so many blackouts, really scary :-/

Thats probably what happens with me. I'm not a fan so I don't drink it that much. Only at dinner sometimes.

Whiskey and beer are my drinks. Can't be trusted in a pub near closing time or I'll try to buy a Middleton...quick way to the poor house.

Yeah some times i can get pissed on it but today ive finished 2 bottles and im not drunk at all just mellow:D, i guess ive just been sipping on it since around 4pm.

Hey Nulty did you edit your post because i read it first and it said sometimg complety diffrent, either than im ****ed:o

Nulty wrote: »
    Thats probably what happens with me. I'm not a fan so I don't drink it that much. Only at dinner sometimes.

Whiskey and beer are my drinks. Can't be trusted in a pub near closing time or I'll try to buy a Middleton...quick way to the poor house.

I genuinely do love the taste of white wine though. Most of my friends drink wine to get pissed, but I drink it cos I like it. I'm fussy enough about it too!
    Yeah some times i can get pissed on it but today ive finished 2 bottles and im not drunk at all just mellow:D, i guess ive just been sipping on it since around 4pm.

Yeah that happens sometimes. A few weeks ago I had 3/4 bottle of wine and was absolutely hammered. Usually I can drink a whole bottle and still feel fine.

• Advertisement

Its like AA around here:p, okay finished the auld wine but ive got 3 bottles of Aldi finest ale in the fridge should i indulge?
    I know i should not mix but **** it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭LaughOrDie

m so inebraited

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 dublingirl01

Me!!

1 & a half bottles wine later - i can still stand though!! :D

Jonjo . . go for it - its only quarter to 4!!

Just finished 1 and half of em not felling so good knew it was a bad idea:( oh well ill sleep it off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Ha! so still plenty of drunkity drunkness going on so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 diocane

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    Watching dr dolittle and meet the parents (my fave) drunk is so cool!! :D

I really don't understand how come "drinking" is "cool". For all that waste their time and money in drinking, ONE SUGGESTION : sex is almost free and is a lot more fun or "cool" . TRUST ME :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

diocane wrote: »
    I really don't understand how come "drinking" is "cool". For all that waste their time and money in drinking, ONE SUGGESTION : sex is almost free and is a lot more fun or "cool" . TRUST ME :D

Oh I know, sex is always no.1 for me but drinking is a close second. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

ah Sex and drink, the root causes of teenage pregnancies.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I was tipsey friday night does that count!

• Advertisement

I'm here. Second night in a row :( My life sucks! Ah no, saving for going away next weekend :) But still feckin bored and cheering myself up with wine!

Just missed your reply by seconds last night.. So went on a tour of this site and found it to be a wicked experience… especially while drinking a box of Bud
    Great site just what I been looking for, Hope you enjoy your break away next weekend and be sure to let us know how it went for you.

Handyman - just waiting for the wine to chill...... :)

Hi Sue,

hope you didnt have to wait too long for your wine also hope to hear it went down well,
    I been wanting to try some wine and have found in the past that I only like dry's that I cant remember the names of... have you got any suggestions as to what brand I should try :cool:

Advertisement