Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reset Netgear DG834G and now no streaming to XBOX XBMC

Options
  • 17-09-2010 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭

any one know what resetting the router will do?
    What to check?
    what to tick untick??
    thanks in advance
    john

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

What do you mean by resetting the router?

Did you pull the power cord? If so, it will reboot and should reconnect after a few minutes.

Did you hold in the reset button? If so, for how long etc
    This restores the router to factory default settings...ie same login, password etc as the cd, manual you got first day. You will have to put back in your ISP settings before you can connect to the internet.
    You will have to reset your security and enter this in all wireless devices incl Xbox. ..COnfigure network-->scan for network-->select network-->enter security key etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭seanin4711

had to call utv to get login in details.
    I can connect to internet but i have a feeling that the router is somehow blocking my network shares from my pc to xbox original running XBMC.
    thanks

seanin4711 wrote: »
    had to call utv to get login in details.
    I can connect to internet but i have a feeling that the router is somehow blocking my network shares from my pc to xbox original running XBMC.
    thanks

If XBL is giving you connection problems youll have to set up port forwarding in your router.

www.portforward.com has all the info you need for most routers with tutorials.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

If XBL is giving you connection problems youll have to set up port forwarding in your router.

www.portforward.com has all the info you need for most routers with tutorials.

XBMC not XBL, ie he is having trouble accessing content on his networked storage be that a PC, server, Nas etc from his Xbox Media Centre Client machines. His XBMC content streamers can't see or maybe can see but not access his shared folders.

Maybe static IP's were set up for your XBMC machines and on the router but after the reset your router is now dishing out random IP's?

i am shooting in the dark as dont know what to change etc on xbox router and or pc.
    the xbox is connected to the net as i see the info streaming along the bottom of the screen on xbmc but as for pulling down my files from the network no joy!
    it did play a song from a music file but super laggy!!!
    movies forget about it!
    all this occured when i came back from holidays and no internet.
    reset router and its been pair shaped since then!
    called ISP and they got me back up and running with basic settings that had to be changed as a resilt of the router resetting back to default but i think that i/they missed something!
    I need to go back to the drawing board on this one!
    any input would be a blessing!
    slan

• Advertisement

seanin4711 wrote: »
    i am shooting in the dark as dont know what to change etc on xbox router and or pc.
    the xbox is connected to the net as i see the info streaming along the bottom of the screen on xbmc but as for pulling down my files from the network no joy!
    it did play a song from a music file but super laggy!!!
    movies forget about it!
    all this occured when i came back from holidays and no internet.
    reset router and its been pair shaped since then!
    called ISP and they got me back up and running with basic settings that had to be changed as a resilt of the router resetting back to default but i think that i/they missed something!
    I need to go back to the drawing board on this one!
    any input would be a blessing!
    slan

Can u post up a few screenshots of ur network config, LAN,WAN settings?

We might spot something from there. It's impossible to diagnose anything till you give more info. This would be the best way we could see ur settings.

Hmmm... Try turning on default dmz in the wan page. Put in the ip of the xbmc..192.168.0.7 I think it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

How would exposing the XBMC to the internet solve a problem that is internal to the network?

i go into a file to access file sharing permissions such as
    right click file
    sharing with
    specific people
    scroll down to everyone then add
    then done.

I immediately go back into the "shared" file

and it is locked .
    it is like it is not saving the permissions i just gave it and it is annoying the bejaysus out of me!

anyone else experience this?
    if so whats the workaround?
    slan
    s
    windows 7 ultimate

• Advertisement

What are the default settings as i think the router is the issue,

Advertisement