Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Books kept in 'store' in the library

Options
  • 17-09-2010 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know how long it takes for a book to come up from the UCD library 'store'?

I.e. if I ordered it in the morning would I get it by lunchtime? Or would it be a next day thing?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

According to:

http://www.ucd.ie/library/about/classmark_guide/item_types.html

Delivery times vary. I have never got anything out of store so I can't say how long.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Sometimes it ready by the afternoon. Usually the next day. But on a saturday theres less staff so probably monday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Looks like it'll be a 2 day job, just to be on the safe side! :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

My experience is if you order it early enough on the day (before lunch ideally), they usually say come back after 11am the day after.

Thanks for the replies.

Usually it wouldn't matter to me when it would arrive in as I'd always be about UCD, but I'm not living in Dublin at the moment, so need to try and sort out times, etc. beforehand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Lou45

I requested a book out at around 1 o clock and it was down there just after 3 the same day!

Delivery times vary

The above, taken from the linkn posted earlier in the thread, is really sounding like it's very accurate.

I assume it depends in which location the material is stored. Knowing my luck, it's the one that'll take ages!

Just incase anybody needs to get a book from store: I ordered the book I needed at about 11am and it was in the main library by 14.30. If I ordered it after lunch then I'd probably have gotten it around 16.00.

Not sure if it's the case with all books in store, but I was actually able to take out the book on loan, which was very handy and unexpected!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

What's the story with books that are listed as "Received" on the website?

They've been gotten into the library but haven't been processed and put on the shelves.

• Advertisement
Advertisement