Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thor 1 w

• 17-09-2010 11:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭

How is the signal for Thor 1w in Castlebar?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

How is the signal for Thor 1w in Castlebar?

What channels are you looking to get? Some beams are very strong and some are non existent.

I installed a 1.1m dish yesterday just south of Castlebar for the K2 beam (UPC czech/slovak channels) and they were coming in at 92%S/76%Q.

Ive a 1.1m on a motor and i have no problems with the T1/K2/T2 beams. But some of the other beams i get nothing. The signal really drops away past Dublin as the canal+sport HD transponder which can recieved in Dublin, i (and many others) dont get a sniff here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭settopbox

Same here really in cork, cant get C+sport HD, but do they a lot of other pretty good stuff from this sat.
    Im using 1.1m Triax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

snaps wrote: »
    What channels are you looking to get? Some beams are very strong and some are non existent.

I installed a 1.1m dish yesterday just south of Castlebar for the K2 beam (UPC czech/slovak channels) and they were coming in at 92%S/76%Q.

Ive a 1.1m on a motor and i have no problems with the T1/K2/T2 beams. But some of the other beams i get nothing. The signal really drops away past Dublin as the canal+sport HD transponder which can recieved in Dublin, i (and many others) dont get a sniff here!!

I am looking for anyone who has had success in getting the K2 beam in Donegal, particularly Buncrana and north west of there.
    Judging by Lyngsat and Satbeams it isn't possible but maybe someone knows different, and if successful, what size of dish are you using please?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭pelisor2000

thanks,i have a costumer in Castlebar for 1w.(digitv) he has a 1.4 sat dish .
    For me is to far to go,i try to find somebady to install the dish for him.please pm me with a phone nr. and i will pass it to the guy.thanks:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,303 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I get 99% on T2 beam BBC News 11862 in Dundalk 1.1 m dish, AzBox, Dark Gold LNB, strongest anywhere on the arc so my dish is spot on. However I can't any signals on the three highest frequency transponders on Spot 3, 12718, 12723 or 12735. The other TP's on Spot 3 12527 to 12687 range 50% to 65%.

Anyone else notice this? Sorry for going off topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I get 99% on T2 beam BBC News 11862 in Dundalk 1.1 m dish, AzBox, Dark Gold LNB, strongest anywhere on the arc so my dish is spot on. However I can't any signals on the three highest frequency transponders on Spot 3, 12718, 12723 or 12735. The other TP's on Spot 3 12527 to 12687 range 50% to 65%.

Anyone else notice this? Sorry for going off topic.

T2 is a different beam to the K2 beam. T2 for me as well is very strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,303 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

What about Spot 3?

Advertisement