Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incentives to rent a place (paint / decorating allowance?)

Options
  • 18-09-2010 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭

Small commercial property.

Pall has a place and its vacant for two years, he didnt advertise it.
    Is it a good idea to put in the ad

"Budget given for re decoration"

"funds given towards re vamp "

The asking price for rent is very reasonable but Im thinking of further incentives to get it rented.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

Not a good idea. The sensible thing to do is to have the work done and then advertise. Most people renting are not experienced at doing work or having it carried out. They will either not be interested or else make a balls of it. It is actually illegal to let a place which is not properly decorated anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

It is actually illegal to let a place which is not properly decorated anyway.

it's a commercial property

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

Xiney wrote: »
    it's a commercial property

Sorry, I missed that. Usual thing to do in commercial is to offer a rent holiday. No rent for the first number of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭worded

Sorry, I missed that. Usual thing to do in commercial is to offer a rent holiday. No rent for the first number of months.

I was thinking that myself, nice way of putting it.

Advertisement