Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Export from Outlook to Sync a Nokia Phone

Options
  • 18-09-2010 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi all

This is real pain and would appreciate some hints. I am trying to export my outlook contacts and then import these to Nokia PC suite, finally sync my Nokia phone.

Issues facing:
    Export from Outlook weird CSV which is very very details
    Importing this CSV into Nokia PC Suite seem not compatible.
    Trying to send all contacts from OUtlook as vsf but this isnt working either..

I fee so bad now.. selling my old Nokia phone and no time and patience to do all this..

Many thanks

Rooni

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Are you trying to transfer to another phone or what?

Or you have a backup of this same phone on the pc that you want to restore on to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

In my experience, PC Suite or Ovi Suite will sync your phone directly to Outlook - no need for you to export from Outlook. I never had any problem with it.

On some versions a dialog box would pop up asking you to allow access to Outlook for a certain period (1 or 5 minutes say). Depends on your security settings on the PC, I think. It's easy to miss that dialog box if you have a lot of windows open so then the sync just doesn't happen.

Also go into the settings for sync and select how you want the sync to work, i.e. from PC to phone or phone to PC or a blend where most recently edited version of any particular contact will replace the older version on both phone and PC.

Also, and I did occasionally have a problem with this, first names and last names can get reversed on some contacts. And occasionally a space will be introduced into the number e.g. 087 1234567 which your phone may not like.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭roonimirza

Fixed it by simply changing the Sync options, made PC as the main and only one way, i.e. from PC to phone.

Advertisement