Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ender's Game

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Yeah it does look like a very strong cast alright so I'll be interested to see if they can pull it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

Talk about spoilers... dafuq!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 _Leary_

I personally loved Enders Game. I found the battle school section to be a very nice educational piece for a younger reader, very much something I shall get my son to read one day. I definitely think it's more aimed at a younger audience.

Together with this I found Enders Shadow to be a nice companion book to Enders Game but not essential to the series.

Speaker for the dead was a great novel too however it took a totally different approach to Enders Game and was a very different story altogether.

Ender in Exile was read out of curiosity but honestly I wished I didn't bother, only worth reading if you want to know every detail of the series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Having just watched Hugo which starred the boy who was cast to play Ender I'm now cautiously optimistic about the movie. Granted it’s a bit of a change to have Ender so old and as such will probably lack some of the impact of the books but I’m a bit more hopeful than I had been.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

This was at #3 or something of some top 100 SF+F books of all time which was the only reason I read it. (call me shallow if you like).
    Hated it. It was beneath YA for most of Ender's own story it and the "internet chatroom" bits with his siblings were an absolute joke.
    Great cast yes, but U/PG SF isn't my thing really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭meijin

I loved the "Ender's Game" book, read it few times. I found the rest of the series good too :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

Just started listening to this on audiobook so far it seems worth it.

Advertisement