Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internat Dating

• 18-09-2010 5:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Lads which is the best Internet Dating site ...any thoughts ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 apochraphy

What you looking for? Girls or guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 rebelcry

Females of the highest order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Anything with fish in the domain name because of the old saying about fish in the sea and fish happen to smell like semen so there is a familiarity about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

plentyoffish.com
    connectingsingles.com

Both are free, good too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Stay the hell away from anotherfriend.com. They advertise as being free but you cant do anything useful witthout signing up and paying money (even simple stuff like filtering a search). Plus they bombard you with useless email.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Looked around pof for a few days and found a large amount of women (50% maybe) in the early 20's bracket had children (which puts some men off). Another 25% had interests that seemed to consist of only"going out wth d girlzz and getting off our faces every weekend" and pretty much nothing else. The reamainder of the girls on it I found personally fairly unattractive.

I can't say what other ages are like on it though, might have better luck :D. I've stuck to the real world since then :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Yeah, nothing more off putting to me in a profile than seeing someone write down "Gettin hammered!!!!" under the interests, hobbies or 'ideal date' section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭abbyw1989

I met my boyfriend of the last 8 months on flirtbox... a few of my friends have met their partners on plentyofffish. It kinda depends on what you're looking for/what kind of woman you're looking for! There's some strange people on all dating sites, you've just got to sort through the weirdos to find the people worth meeting... Good luck! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Subtle Troll

I went on one once for a singles night my mate wanted to go on, the girls were great lookin but when I talked to them they had been paid to be there!

The rest were kinda nice but nothing that made me go wow, and some were weird and unpleasant and said crude sexualised things to me, and were old and not nice lookin!

Thats my experience of them anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

blah blah blah

Awesome username dude.

OP just take up a hobby to meet people. Try partner based dancing - good way to meet memebrs of the opposite sex. Salsa, swing, ballroom...etc

• Advertisement

Awesome username dude.
    Grow up
    OP just take up a hobby to meet people. Try partner based dancing - good way to meet memebrs of the opposite sex. Salsa, swing, ballroom...etc blah blah blah

Is that what the OP asked? Don't be so quick to judge a legit answer when your own is useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Grow up

Jesus you really need to learn to take a compliment. I was seriously complementing your username. Its funny. I only put blah blah blah in cause I wasn't commenting on what you said.
    Is that what the OP asked? Don't be so quick to judge a legit answer when your own is useless.
    You may think its useless, but I can tell you its a fantastic way to meet people.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

I know it costs money but Match.com is where i met my gf 2 years ago and everything going incredibly well and am now thinking of proposing to her.Some websites dont have alot of local(Irish) girls on them but Match does.
    If you really wanted to go all out then one called eHarmony might be worth looking at.It goes deep,by getting you to do personality tests etc and then matching you with others like it.It almost treats love like a Science though and says that you will definately match up with a certain person because the computer said so when theres absolutely no guarentee that when you do meet the girl physically that everything will click.
    Internet dating has plenty of critics but many people like myself tried it because the chances of meeting someone on a night out are zilch these days with everyone is trying to get drunk as fast as they can.Trying to meet them at various hobbies etc is hard too because they never go alone and always stick with their friends etc.

Jesus you really need to learn to take a compliment. I was seriously complementing your username. Its funny. I only put blah blah blah in cause I wasn't commenting on what you said.

Blah Blah Blah is the nicest thing I have heard all week :rolleyes:

You may think its useless, but I can tell you its a fantastic way to meet people.

Do they have salsa dancing you can attend online, cuz I think yerman meant websites, helpful though you have been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Subtle Troll,opinion guy,leave the sniping out please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

Im smileybiker on match.com
    Its been the best site ive found so far. Ok im still looking for my match, but found some nice guys on it. Definitely no weirdos so far, touch wood. Now and again they send you an email with an offer of 4.99euro a month (but you have to make sure to cancel your subscription or they take money out the next month. learnt that the hard way).

Also signed up for 6 months and didnt meet anyone so got 6 months free. But to be honest I was moving countries at the time, so its prob more the reason why I wasnt in a position to get in a relationship. I generally only sign up before September to March...seems to be more of a selection...with winter quite cold months etc.

Anybody here know anything about matchaffinity? Seems to be based along the same idea as eHarmony.

Karsini wrote: »
    Anybody here know anything about matchaffinity? Seems to be based along the same idea as eHarmony.

Its connected to match.com

I personally thinks its rubbish. I think it uses the match.com profiles to pick someone similar to you. But its based on an aptitude style test which you take. In the end, I was matched with someone who was "65%" like me and they lived in the USA. So I never used it again.

I think the profile things on match.com are good enough,
    such as smoker, non smoker,
    age range,

interests, music and hobbies (yes you can pick someone who likes outdoor stuff and not just getting pissed, surfing, cooking, cycling, sport, reading, politics whatever),

body type (normal, skinny, larger, sporty)

how many times a week they work out

level of education

salary

type of work they do

languages they speak

colour skin, eyes, hair, long hair, short hair, no hair

tatoos, pets, body piercings

nationality etc

previous married, seperated, widow, divorced, never married

kids, no kids, would like kids, doesnt want kids

personality and humor types

I mean with match.com, there is a huge selection as it is, so you usually come across at least 10 profiles of people who would be similar to yourself. You dont even have to specify these different qualities, but they are there if you consider them important and they help in getting someone similar to yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I think internet dating could work well, cause its easy to meet people with similar interests and who are looking for the same thing that you are in a relationship.

But what I think will always hold me back is, if you did meet someone great online, telling your friends and family how you met. I don't know why, but I would be so embarrassed to tell people that! And I wouldn't want to lie, so I'll just stay away from online dating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭Vic_Mackey

No one has mentioned okcupid.com. I found my other half on this and find it fun to waste time doing quizes and answering questions (which are used to decide who your best match is).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Kid Curry

Whats the best dating site for casual relationships? I tried AFF but a complete was of time and energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Cork Exile

Been on and off these sites over the last 2 or 3 years and found each of them had lots of positives and negatives.
    Met my current girlfriend on plentyoffish so thats top of the list for me :D. Its great that its free but I have to agree with the previous poster that there is a lot of single parents on it. Just an observation, have no problem with that!
    Also there's quite a lot players/married types on it so you do have to be careful who you meet up with....particularly if you're a woman.

Anotherfriend and match I think are very good sites also, with anotherfriend organising events fairly regurlarly. One of the benefits with paid sites, I feel that it weeds out the people who actually want to meet someone as opposed to the ones who just want a shag.

Was on match.com today and they are having an open access weekend from tomorrow 2pm til sunday.

So anybody who was put off by the possible fee's and look around at profiles and get emailing whoever takes you fancy...might as well, its free and you never know unless you try

Advertisement