Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phone repairs/water damage... waterford

• 18-09-2010 8:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭

i recently dropped my phone in to basin of water....phone pretty new and expensive...power wont even come on now...is there anywhere in the city i can bring it or would this be un repairable....nokia brand

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I used to do a little work in the Nokia repair centre in town and water damaged phones are more expensive to fix then buying the same phone new.

Sorry, try it though but I'm sure he'll tell you the same thing it's over by spokes bike shop directly across the road from Paul Sullivan jewlers on steven street. You have to go up a flight of stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭jamiecoins

if ur anyway tech minded u can fix it urself at ur own risk ,disasemble the phone to the circuit board .hairdyer or in the airing cupboard.plug in charger then see if u get any lights up on the screen then ull see if the phones memory etc is fried

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

^ that will void your guarentee but seeing as the phone won't turn on it's really a moot point. I say take it apart and stick it in an airing cupboard.

Time of the cork floods I have fell down a manhole and my 5800 (which is a touchscreen) got soaked. Took it apart as best I could and It worked ok for the next few months till I got my current phone. It's still plugging away with my future brother in law afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The guys in the GSM center on Barronstrand St fixed my water damaged phone for €40 after the crowd Three sent it back to said it couldn't be fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭doublejj

thanks lads its a nokia e 52 so would be willing to pay a bit to have it fixed....tried the hot cupboard for two days but still not a puff out of it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

doublejj wrote: »
    thanks lads its a nokia e 52 so would be willing to pay a bit to have it fixed....tried the hot cupboard for two days but still not a puff out of it....
    I got an E51 fixed in the Nokia repair centre 2 months back for €40. Unfortunately I left it get wet again and my number 1 doesn't work the best at the moment. I'll be fooked if I'm going to pay another €40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

if it turns out to be unfixable you could try searching ebay for a faulty nokia e52,and use the mother board out of that as a cheap fix,,im trying that at the moment but i keep getting out bid on the fone i need

Advertisement