Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BBC interview with John Higgins

• 18-09-2010 9:08am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

The BBC will show a recent interview by Hazel Irvine of John Higgins today before the start of the World Open.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Tin_Cup

What do you guys think of the interview??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Fairly moving towards the end, it's obviously an extremely emotional time for John. Every time the discussion moves to his family it hits him hard. I'm keen to see the back of the whole event, if there's one thing that can be guaranteed, it's that John has paid for whatever his wrongs were, and this witchhunt has to stop now.

What are the issues Hazel said they can't discuss in the interview? Something still in the hands of Johns lawyers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

I think he slipped up abit, he said around the start of the interview that he knew he was innocent, then towards the end of it he said something like he feared he wouldnt play again or something similar, if you know your innocent then why would you fear a lifetime ban?
    I want to believe him and believe it was right he wasnt banned from snooker for a long time, but after watching the video from news of the world straight after that interview, I still think he was guilty:(
    Didnt Alex Higgins say he knew 4 top players who were involved in match fixing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Tin_Cup

as he says no matter what he does in the future it will always hang over him. wouldnt fancy being thought of like that forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭unit 1

4 words bertie ahearne, brian dobson;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Probably more stupid than corrupt, thats our John.

Lucky man all the same.

Advertisement