Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Had UPC install - how long until activation?

• 18-09-2010 10:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

The installer from UPC has just left. He says it will take about an hour before in can log in and just the net. Is that normal?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Mine was installed a few years ago but all was working when the guy left.
    About a year ago i was somewhere where at that moment tv and internet was installed. Same thing: everything worked when the guys left.

Having installed different stuff myself in a former job i know how to get out of somewhere when things are not working well: "Takes about an hour and all will be fine"

I would wait for an hour as the guy told you to. If it is still not working get on the phone straight on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I was told twenty minutes. Sure enough it worked. Guy even phoned back to make sure all was ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Slunk wrote: »
    I was told twenty minutes. Sure enough it worked. Guy even phoned back to make sure all was ok

I was told it would be about an hour before it was up to full speed but the connection was there immediately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

Its normal...depends how long it takes them to provision your modem....can take a few hours sometimes.

I think it took mine about half an hour or so.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

I had UPC installed last Saturday and was told the same thing. The TV channels took about an hour to download and the Broadband was ready about 20 minutes after that. No problems at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Just had it installed there a few mins ago,lads had it working before they left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

It started up a little over an hour after initial setup. The the speeds is good, about 95% advertised, but it keeps dropping connection every 10 minutes. Is this a general problem or a teething problem with a new setup?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Is this happening when you're browsing or doing something else? I was losing connection all the time when torrenting until I changed a setting in the router.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

grizzly wrote: »
    The installer from UPC has just left. He says it will take about an hour before in can log in and just the net. Is that normal?

Mine took about 40 mins after the install. The installer was gone at that stage but rang to tell me that it was up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

It seems to be alright now. Here's what I'm getting;

958912635.png

• Advertisement
Advertisement