Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fire alarm system

Options
  • 18-09-2010 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭

hl all
    i work for a landlord who needs a fire alarm system installed in a house in 8 flats, or his insurance company will not renew his cover.
    can any electrician install and commission a fire alarm system once it obeys all regulations or does he need to get in a gang who work specifically in this area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

you can prob install it yourself

but you'll need to outsource the 'design and commissioning' -as the new IS 3218 standards will prob apply to the work

that is what i would do anyway

he should have a fire-alarm system installed already:mad:- prob doesn't give a damn

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I did a few several years ago. I would first find a fire alarm company that wanted the maintenance contract (never a problem). They would agree to commission & certify for free if I let them have the maintenance contract. I would show them the design to make sure we were both happy the the design. I would also ensure that the customer was happy with the arrangement. Everyone is a winner!

Often the electrical contractor will just fit the smoke/heat detector bases. The fire alarm company will fit and address the "heads".

Advertisement