Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much difference does gravity have on a bullet when shooting down hill

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I'll let yee lads fight over the angle!

John if this is off topic don't even hesitate to remove it.

Tack , while a 457 yard bunny is a great shot, you do realise the picture you showed is of very flat land yeah? Which is nothing like the terrain the OP is talking about?

You get that you're comparing apples and oranges right?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

tahr2.jpg
    More here if ye want to see some steep terrain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

rrpc wrote: »
    Backstop?

RRPC

It seems people can not ascertain from the pic that i was on a hill ~50metres higher than the Target which was at the bottom of a ditch.
    I was shooting down so the round entered the rabit from the shoulder downwards. There was an earthen embankment behind the rabbit whichj is common as the bunnies burrow into these to live.
    The rabbit was ~2 metres in front of the ditch.

Vegeta
    As I have no way to accurately measure the angle I can't say what it was.
    It was not Mountains, it was shooting from a hill downwards.Where I shoot is full of hills.

The hill is not very defined, I should have took a retrospective pic from the Target back to the position I shot from.(the hill is very gradual so the slope or gradient is very slow.

I hope this answers any questions.
    It was a good test on the Gravity thing as it aided me shooting down hill as hold over was not as much.
    When I get this ballistic calc I'll start clicking. At the moment I'm very proficient with using the 2MOA graduations on the scope. However I hope to become much better using clicks when I get this bullet calc.

I'd like to use rangefinder with angle comp to test out where I shoot, to see what the angles are.
    (if anyone wants to lend one)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 hatebaggers

in fairness some lads here getting bent out of shape over nothing. i posted an answer in which i explained quite simply how angle shooting is calculated, which is what the op wanted to know. i used .308 as an example because that is the only rifle i bother to make angle calculations with . my point was you dont really need to bother with it with 22lr or a hornet, most shots wont need to take it into factor at all. i cant see why some needed to call it ''over the top'' and ''waffle'' (pedro). IF you want to calculate angle compensation THAT IS how you do it,have you been taught or know any other way to calculate it? other than just guess ?All i did was try to impart a bit of information on a topic i know . hopefully helping others and in return hope to learn from others on other topics.
    il not bother posting here again , much friendlier crowd on other shooting forums

Advertisement