Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

St Patricks vs Sporting Fingal 18/9 RTE 2 13.00

• 18-09-2010 12:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭

The third live LOI game in a week, this time its the FAI Cup Quarter Final match between St. Pats Athletic and Sporting Fingal. Live on RTE 2, K.O. 1pm, programme starts at 12.45.

Team Line-Ups will appear here a bit later on:
    http://www.extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/12387/1/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Jesus christ, there's a couple hundred at it, max, shocking.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I thought it was 2 Prem div teams from dublin? Why is there no - one there? Seriously disappointing crowd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Stupid ****ing time for a match, like most people my young lads entire team isnt there as they just finished a match.

hhehe Guy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Great finish by Guy there, no club benefits from this stupid time for a match.

• Advertisement

frantic190 wrote: »

We have 3 1pm sats in a row :(

Pats couldnt find 2 teams for the half time match so the Pats u10s training on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

It's ridiculous having a live match at this time of the day. Small crowd was inevitable and is no advertisement for local football. Madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

dreamers75 wrote: »
    We have 3 1pm sats in a row :(

This is because RTE are showing the Magners in the Friday/Sat 7.30 slot is it?

Someone in the LOI needs to tell RTE to gtfo on this issue, and stick with sensible kick off times (even if it causes shortterm pain/reduced coverage etc).

St Pat's have questioned the decision to rearrange three of their forthcoming fixtures to 1.0 on Saturday to facilitate live TV coverage.

Their two matches against Sporting Fingal -- one in the league and the other in the FAI Cup -- will now be played on September 18 and October 2, while their league date with Bohemians has been moved to October 9.

All of the games scheduled for that weekend have been put back 24 hours to avoid a clash with Ireland's Euro 2012 qualifier against Russia.

"The first we knew about this was on Wednesday afternoon when we received an email," said St Pat's commercial manager Phil Nolan.

"When we looked at the figures for the last Sporting Fingal match we played on a Sunday afternoon, they showed a loss of €10,000 in overall revenue, including revenue from our shops at the ground.

"A match against Bohemians gives us one of our biggest gates. Will the supporters now come to the match or stay at home and look at it on TV?

"We have all got to sit down and advance together. If TV stations want to cover us, they do so at 7.0 on a Friday or a Saturday night, not 1.0."

5200 last friday vs Rovers, less than 1000 today.

It is due to Magners and RTE believe viewing will be higher if the game on sat.

Its ****ing higher cos theres noone at as most have their own games to play.

/Scrappy cup game, we playing a lot more direct than them and creating chances. Guy should have had a 2nd but wussed out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

It's certainly entertaining now!!!

• Advertisement

bah for a moment i thought we were gonna win a cup game :(

Great response from Fingal!

Pats 2 - 1 Fingal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

quite an entertaining match this.

as others have said, it's a weird time to have a live game, but it probably does get the hungover television viewers on early Saturday afternoon.

**** crowe always scores vs us :(

/epic timed post :D

**** crowe always scores vs us :(

/epic timed post :D

:D On the pitch 2 seconds and the ball is off his head and in the net, disallowed though.

Fingal certainly look good for a second, both teams look knackered.

/Eats words

3 - 1 Pats

Keeper not great.

YESSSSSSSSSSS

**** goalie but YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't think the Crowe goal was a foul, Fingal may feel hard done by, but they have been terrible at the back.

Heartbreaking cup defeat rolls over to the next round :)

SlickRic wrote: »
    quite an entertaining match this.

as others have said, it's a weird time to have a live game, but it probably does get the hungover television viewers on early Saturday afternoon.

Guilty as charged.:) Enjoyed it.

• Advertisement

Mahon getting a few digs in at the KO time :D

Shocking tho only 1 pats schoolboy team could make the game out of 14 or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Well Fingal did, I'd hazard a guess their fans didn't amount to half of the attendence.
    Small crowd was inevitable and is no advertisement for local football. Madness.

Not sure about this match, but I work in Inchicore and there's usually posters up in loads of the local shops/takeaways/etc... advertising matches.

Mahon getting a few digs in at the KO time :D

Mahon must be nearly on par with Keely now for being one of the moaniest managers in the LoI ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Well Fingal did, I'd hazard a guess their fans didn't amount to half of the attendence.

Id say there was about 60 of us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Decent cup game, horrific attendance

Not sure about this match, but I work in Inchicore and there's usually posters up in loads of the local shops/takeaways/etc... advertising matches.

No, i meant as a televison spectacle it didnt portray the League in a good light though the game was decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Id say there was about 60 of us

I'll put my gaff on it that there was more than 60 Pats at it, so therefore it worked out a lot better for Fingal.
    No, i meant as a televison spectacle it didnt portray the League in a good light though the game was decent.

My bad!

759 was the official attendance given in Inchicore today.

759 was the official attendance given in Inchicore today.

Bohs game will be interesting, we like most teams budgeted for the season for that game to be around 3-4k Bohs always bring a decent crowd 1k+ to Richmond. A lot of our fans are involved with Junior football and simply cant get to the games at that time.

Fingal away at 1pm is next for us, my kid playing a match at 11:30 in Naas :(

Bohs game will be interesting, we like most teams budgeted for the season for that game to be around 3-4k Bohs always bring a decent crowd 1k+ to Richmond. A lot of our fans are involved with Junior football and simply cant get to the games at that time.

Fingal away at 1pm is next for us, my kid playing a match at 11:30 in Naas :(

We have also have had terrible crowds recently, will be very interesting to see our away support, especially at that time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

There was literally more people out our home match against Belgrove in the last round than there was there today.

monkey9 wrote: »
    There was literally more people out our home match against Belgrove in the last round than there was there today.

I reckon this will stick and RTE will show more games at this time as it suits them most likely worked ratings wise.

pain in the arse we got 3 games tho :(

Was it true that noone was allowed onto The Camac? or was that just an aul lad talkin bollocks to me?

Was it true that noone was allowed onto The Camac? or was that just an aul lad talkin bollocks to me?

Normal for umm expected low attd games, use less tewards if its closed and stand looks better on tv altho it still looked **** :)

Normal for umm expected low attd games, use less tewards if its closed and stand looks better on tv altho it still looked **** :)

Yeah, thats what I heard.

Advertisement