Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SW problems

• 18-09-2010 12:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 261 ✭✭

although it is the tool of evil, one of my coauthors uses the damnable creature. So...
    I have Scientific Word. My problem is this
    : when I compile / preview a document all the references come up as [?]
    This is even though the .bib file being referenced lives in teh same directory as the other ones

General Settings : Bibtex database dict
    C:\sw55\TCITeX\BibTeX\bib
    bibtex style directorsy
    C:\sw55\TCITeX\BibTeX\bst

When I go to insert - typeset object - biblio i pick the appropriate file (called roseintegration.bib) , and then the style (eg plain, apa etc). All seems hunkydory
    I then go to insert a citation from insert - typeset object - and pick a key and in it goes as cite:key

Save and compile or preview and feck all happens. [?]
    Im cutting and pasting the text and tables to word so i can actually submit the article...
    All suggestions (in, ideally, english, not tech babble "oh, the .xys sys root needs to have the .cls files autobak ready so that when the triple pass autocompiler ports the .ps file to the gnuwriter it can call the exception") would be welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

blucey wrote: »
    I have Scientific Word.
    This is probably causing the problem and also preventing a solution since it's harder to figure out what's going wrong.

Here's my suggestion:
    1. Stop working at the weekend
    2. Failing that, go into the folder that contains your .tex, .bib etc files
    3. Copy and paste the core files to a new folder. By core I mean the .tex, the .bib and any other files (e.g. graphs) that you need. Leave the auxillary files
    4. Rename roseintegration.bib to the same thing as your .tex file, so that you have x.bib and x.tex
    5. Try compiling again
    6. If that doesn't work, check your PMs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 261 ✭✭blucey

This is probably causing the problem and also preventing a solution since it's harder to figure out what's going wrong.

Here's my suggestion:
    1. Stop working at the weekend
    2. Failing that, go into the folder that contains your .tex, .bib etc files
    3. Copy and paste the core files to a new folder. By core I mean the .tex, the .bib and any other files (e.g. graphs) that you need. Leave the auxillary files
    4. Rename roseintegration.bib to the same thing as your .tex file, so that you have x.bib and x.tex
    5. Try compiling again
    6. If that doesn't work, check your PMs

1) thanks..have to send papers to conferences, dissertation results to course directors, etc etc. Appreciate the sentiments tho...
    2)etc will try that.

Advertisement