Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pharmacies

Options
  • 18-09-2010 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Does anyone know the story with Cooneys and McGorisks in town. Cooneys have moved right next door to McGorisks where The Crescent was. Maybe they're merging? Otherwise, bit of a crazy spot to move to.
    Any info? :)

-Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

Cooneys are in the new town centre, well they're outside, directly across from the medical centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

haven't stuck your head down that way recently have ya? :P
    They've just opened a new shop (moved the old one) directly beside McGorisks, that's the confusing part.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

LOL I must have passed it a few times and never noticed!!

In fairness, it's a good location for a pharmacy, there's two surgeries right beside the crescent. They obviously thought they were missing out, now they've two new shops right beside GP surgeries. I wonder what McGorisks must be thinking!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 CircusIntro

This is just the lastest development in a "Turf War" between them .
    It all began several years ago when Cooneys opened beside McFarlands opposite Dr Rice/Dr O'Meara ,
    Within Months McGorisk opened in the Cresent to recapture his lost trade ,

Its been tit for tat ever since , Just look at where Cooneys are located opposite the Medical Centre in Athlone Town Centre , Now there is no need to go into McGorisk in the town centre just goto Cooneys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭over9000dvd

cooneys dispense nethodone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 uSmellLikeSoup

I also think the rent was going cheap because of the shop closing. They had the new pharmacy opened within a day or two of going in there - it looks great.

I much prefer the staff of Cooneys to McGorisks, they would be my choice of the two.

Advertisement