Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patient 2.0

Options
  • 18-09-2010 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

I’ve become interested lately in what seems to be labelled the Patient 2.0 movement. This is where unlike the traditional Doctor/Patient monologue conversation, a dialogue between Patients begins to be included. This is something that the Interwebs is ideal for facilitating and is something that you can see happening on this forum.

Couple of websites that people may be interested in are:

Patientslikeme concentrates on fifteen or so diseases and goes very deep in monitoring and measuring these conditions. The site was set up by two brothers after another brother died of ALS. As I do not count one of the fifteen diseases among my repertoire I cannot get much from this site but I am curious as to what others may think of it.

Curetogether is a much broader site which covers many more diseases but doesn’t go as deep as Patientslikeme. The concentration is much more on feedback from other patients as to what worked for them.

e-patients is a subset of the Society for Participatory Medicine does what the name suggests.

From observation all these sites have sprung from people’s own experiences with LTIs and a determination that things could be done better.

Advertisement