Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Restaurant

Options
  • 18-09-2010 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭

I have some family visiting from abroad and want to bring them out for dinner tonight. Because they're foreign they'd love to have 'proper' Irish food. The Winding Stair is booked up, can anyone recommend a good, not touristy, Irish restaurant?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

The Millstone on Dame st has lots of Irish dishes on the menu.

The food there is at worst decent so I'd recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

above folys on merion row - great selection of "irish dishes"

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

FXB's on Pembroke st is quite good for Irish fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

le bon crubeen on talbot street is lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bossman07

well i hope they find whatthey are looking for, was up in dublin last week went into the "hairy lemon" and ordered the traditional "bacon & cabbage"
    when i asked if i could also get a cup of cabbage water as well the fella hadn't a clue what i was on about , i told him straight out that his dish was not very traditional then ,which it was not came out more like a dish ya would get in french resteraunt stuggled to find any cabbage was diced up so small and steamed , obviously menu set for tourist but was nothing like a tradittional feed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

bossman07 wrote: »
    well i hope they find whatthey are looking for, was up in dublin last week went into the "hairy lemon" and ordered the traditional "bacon & cabbage"
    when i asked if i could also get a cup of cabbage water as well the fella hadn't a clue what i was on about , i told him straight out that his dish was not very traditional then ,which it was not came out more like a dish ya would get in french resteraunt stuggled to find any cabbage was diced up so small and steamed , obviously menu set for tourist but was nothing like a tradittional feed

You realise you were in the Hairy Lemon, not the Hairy Bacon, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭thebullkf

rofl...;)

were you barefoot,carrying a hawthorn stick by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

you should drop in to me on a sunday, i give out cabbage water to whoever wants it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

'Cabbage water' - jeeze that brings back some childhood memories :D (thanks).

Advertisement