Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The dispute resolution procedure...

Options
  • 18-09-2010 1:24pm

...just a few suggestions.

I think it should be made clear that of course the CMod cannot "confer" with the mod who is the subject of the process, and similarly no contact between Admin, CMod and Mod - or at least that any PMs sent between them be copied to the person referring the matter. I'm not saying it happens at all, this is more a comment in the abstract, but it should be explicitly stated that it does not happen or posters may feel that the procedure is not so much a resolution as a whitewash.

Before any decision is made, I think the person submitting the issue should be advised that said decision is imminent, and maybe both poster and mod invited to make a final submission. One does not want a situation where the complainant thinks they have given their arguments, the arbitrator confers with the mod to think up a good reason, churns it out before any further comment is made, and then closes the matter.

It may help to print a list of results, or some breakdown, maybe ask those who submitted matters if they are satisfied with the outcome, or a list of how many times the mods stand corrected. Again, I think posters need to know that the process is not just some sounding board where complaints are received, read, and binned after any old half baked reason is given out.

I think it should also be explicitly stated as to how matters are "referred" from one stage to another. Does a poster just sit and wait and hope that, by some process of osmosis, the appeal will be picked up? Must they use some explicit phrase or PM someone? Maybe contact details for CMods and Admin linked to the board (it might be there already and I could be blind) along with explicit instructions how to refer the matter on.

Advertisement