Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pup with diarrhea

Options
  • 18-09-2010 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

hey
    my pup vomited this morning and has had the runs all day!! havent changed his food or anything!! Is there any thing i can do to settle his tummy and what are the reason this happens to dogs?!! feel so sorry for him:(
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

Snip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Nellieka

soph! wrote: »
    hey
    my pup vomited this morning and has had the runs all day!! havent changed his food or anything!! Is there any thing i can do to settle his tummy and what are the reason this happens to dogs?!! feel so sorry for him:(
    thanks

Hey, my little puppy was like this a few weeks ago, brought her to the vet, he said it was gastro, and that there was a lot of it going around, one injection & tablets for 3 days and she was back in fighting form!!!

Hope your little fella is better soon!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Please get this pup to a vet, vomiting and diarrhoea can cause a dog to become very dehydrated very quickly especially a pup. If you lift up a piece of skin on the back of his neck and let go it should spring back quickly, if he is dehydrated it will move very slowly or stay sticking up. In the meantime make sure he is drinking plenty of water and get him to a vet if you think he is dehydrated as pups can go downhill very quickly.

Advertisement