Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple quotes

Options
  • 18-09-2010 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭

How do you do the quotes where you break up what someone says and address each part of it?

I have had to do quote tags and delete the / out of one and put the / into the other, I feel like I'm doing it wrong or something or some really odd way.

Is there a proper way to quote someone and reply in between their post?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Yes, this is something that took me ages to find out. You click the button next to quote to the right of my post, the one also next to the quickreply button. multiquote_off.gif

Click on them for all the posts you want to quote then hit the post reply button at the top or bottom of the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Subtle Troll

Gordon wrote: »
    Yes, this is something that took me ages to find out. You click the button next to quote to the right of my post, the one also next to the quickreply button. multiquote_off.gif
    Sorry no.

Click on them for all the posts you want to quote then hit the post reply button at the top or bottom of the thread.

Like this, I split your reply and replied to it in bits, how do I do this?

I have been doing it weird ways with ctrl+c and ctrl+v

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ah, that's the only way I know too. You have to manually edit the quoted post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Subtle Troll

Gordon wrote: »
    Ah, that's the only way I know too. You have to manually edit the quoted post.

Ah, they should explain it in a thread somewhere.

Maybe they do but I didn't see it.

Maybe when you click inside the quoted area it could do quote quote or whatever it needs to? It seems like a pain, or a clicky button to do it?

I'll just do it the spas way for now :)

Advertisement